Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Blackburn match report

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Thanks. What was the Hemed new song?

I think I heard the North Stand singing "Tomer Hemed, he says what he wants" during the game (re his little falling out with the Israeli manager) :)

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I normally really enjoy these, but I feel you've been harsh on Dunk. I thought his free kick was good, and having just watched the Multi Cam highlights on Player, I think Steele was very clever in saving it. He had to change his balance completely. The commentary also mentions Dunk's technique.

Yes, agreed the game was disappointing albeit the two results were bloody brilliant.

If we play like that against Brum we could easily lose so am looking for a bit more on Tuesday particularly from Kayal who didn't get forward enough and whoever comes into replace Akrom and Skalak

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I normally really enjoy these, but I feel you've been harsh on Dunk. I thought his free kick was good, and having just watched the Multi Cam highlights on Player, I think Steele was very clever in saving it. He had to change his balance completely. The commentary also mentions Dunk's technique.

Really!!! Both of his free kick efforts were lame to say the least. Both seemed to be pretty much straight at the keeper and the only thing he had going for it was the element of surprise as I doubt that Steele, let alone 30k plus Albion supporters, expected Dunk to take it.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Really!!! Both of his free kick efforts were lame to say the least. Both seemed to be pretty much straight at the keeper and the only thing he had going for it was the element of surprise as I doubt that Steele, let alone 30k plus Albion supporters, expected Dunk to take it.

Don't take my word for it. Listen to the highlights on Player, and watch Steele having to adjust his position at the very last second. It wasn't as easy as us fans think it was.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Great read as normal

Very good, as always ! Cheers

As usual, post of the week.

I normally really enjoy these.

Another great report. Humour started around "You deluded Yorkshire fools" and kept on coming. Holiday mood....

As per the introduction to the report, this one was NOT written by myself, but by my very modest stand-in, who has done a great job :thumbsup:

Over a beer or three after the match I suggested that finding the time at work this week was going to be a struggle - with one to write on Wednesday too, I couldn't spare this morning to write up the Blackburn one. (Of course, it turns out I've spent the whole morning studying the Championship table, anyway...)

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Some different sort of artwork in this. Always welcome amongst excellent text. Informative, accurate and amusing, consistent with Exile's excellent efforts. Keep 'em coming.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I'm not as adverse to Dunk's free kicks as others too. He got them both over the wall and on target, which is something of a development for our direct free kicks so far this season. I quite fancy Murray getting a goal from a spilled rebound at some point this season.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
I'm not as adverse to Dunk's free kicks as others too. He got them both over the wall and on target, which is something of a development for our direct free kicks so far this season. I quite fancy Murray getting a goal from a spilled rebound at some point this season.

Yep, I agree. Either side of the keeper and you've got a chance with these. Even straight at him, the way it dips and moves causes loads of problems. Worth having a few more pops. Still reckon they came up with this while playing on the beach with one of those plastic balls from a garage.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Brilliant - many thanks, as usual, but never take your reports for granted.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here