Jul 23, 2012
Hove
1,No mind games
2,Keeps the whole squad happy and playing to their best abilities
3,A true gentleman
I salute you :albion2:

singing4seagulls

Apr 2, 2017
He's done a fantastic job and makes an excellent ambassador for the club.

I think his real challenge will be next season however, signing the right players to keep us up in the PL.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
All of the above and more. Enormous respect for the man as a man, let alone a football manager, and the manager of MY football team...... Well, Mr Bloom's football team.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
IF we go up I hope that we remember what he has done over the last two seasons and give him at least a full season in the Premier League, even if we end up getting relegated.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Cool calm collected.

Dignified - no gloating over a win - no angst over a loss - talks sense - what else is there to say?

Premier League - you deserve it with Brighton - well done Chris Hughton - Hall of Fame.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Excellent manager of men
A great tactician.... ( we can disagree at times, but look where we are)
One more quality that too many managers lack - Dignity.
:bowdown:

He's done a tremendous job, but he'll have to be a lot more adaptable if we go up. I can't see us playing 4-4-2 99% of the time and staying up

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
No question he's done incredibly well to take us from where we were to where we are. But I have concerns about how we'd get on in the Premier League. Those can wait, should the man get us there, he deserves the full season and I have no doubt he'd get it, whatever happened.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
IF we go up I hope that we remember what he has done over the last two seasons and give him at least a full season in the Premier League, even if we end up getting relegated.

Agreed. The Premier League has to be the ambition for the longer term and it might not be possible to achieve that immediately. Hughton has put down roots for the future and I'd like to think he'll get a chance to nurture those even if we come back down (and I'm not assuming we'll get up yet either).

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Comes as no great surprise to hear that he and Mick McCarthy are great mates. Very similar managerial styles, they both tell it like it is, even if Mick does normally set up his sides far more defensively.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
He is the man! :bowdown: deserves not only success but also a lot of respect, which I dare say he gets from many of his peers. The fact he took the time out of his exceptionally busy schedule to fly over to France for Knocky senior's funeral is all I need to know about what kind of man Hughton is, and we're lucky to have a manager like him.

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
He is the man! :bowdown: deserves not only success but also a lot of respect, which I dare say he gets from many of his peers. The fact he took the time out of his exceptionally busy schedule to fly over to France for Knocky senior's funeral is all I need to know about what kind of man Hughton is, and we're lucky to have a manager like him.
This all day

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Nailed it. We're lucky to have him.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We are very lucky to have him.

He makes some substitutions when we are 1 goal up that make me anxious for the remainder of the game, but his man management is exceptional. He has the ability to keep all the players happy and focused no matter how often they play, demonstrated by injuries and replacements who seemlessly step in and play better than those they have replaced. He is dignified and level-headed in victory and openly upset when we lose but never looking for anyone to blame, he takes that responsibility on himself and finds ways to fix the problems.

His positive attributes far out weigh any faults he has, We are very lucky to have him.

Jan 22, 2017
Top manager and a top bloke, was gutted that our club treated him the way we did to accommodate a snake like P45due.

Chijeff

Jan 23, 2017
Spoke to him personally after the forum, before the season started. Really nice guy, very approachable. We are indeed lucky to have him. Thank you T. B.

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
He deserves at least a FULL season, if we are struggling at the wrong end then the club could do a Leicester on him but I truly hope that's not going to be an option.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It worked for Burnley.

...it didn't work for Norwich.

This is what the club and fans need to remember, IF we go up and if we were struggling late in the season. The easy option is always to make a change, not always for the best though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here