Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotherham relegated??

Chickenlittle

Feb 6, 2017
South coast
Can someone please explain to me how Sky & BBC are showing Rotherham as officially relegated already?
With 7 games to go and, therefore, a potential 21 points that would take them to 38, surely it's still MATHEMATICALLY possible? (Wigan being on 34)
I appreciate is almost impossible as they'd have to win every game with Wigan losing all of theirs, but still....???

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Can someone please explain to me how Sky & BBC are showing Rotherham as officially relegated already?
With 7 games to go and, therefore, a potential 21 points that would take them to 38, surely it's still MATHEMATICALLY possible? (Wigan being on 34)
I appreciate is almost impossible as they'd have to win every game with Wigan losing all of theirs, but still....???

Have another look at the league table.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Because Bristol City in 21st have 41, so they cant get out of the relegation spots...

OP has had a nightmare here.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Their manager did a shocking interview after the game. Something about being happy to be the kit man. It was embarrassing

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
No flip-flops and sombrero this season.

steve-evans-in-sombrero1.jpg

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Their manager did a shocking interview after the game. Something about being happy to be the kit man. It was embarrassing

I saw that. Was a very strange interview where he also said if he doesn't get another job in football he will go and be a financial advisor.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Epic fail op

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

It was very strange, wasn't it? I think I know what he might have been trying to say, but it actually had an air of losing the plot about it. Seventeen points all season, and 88 goals conceded: given a fair wind, they could well reach a nice round century by May.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Don't worry. Anyone can make a mistake.

There are some deluded folk who still imagine that Sheffield Wednesday won't achieve automatic promotion.

:lol:

The sight of The Massive dropping out of the play off places yesterday was yet another small joy on the day. I took the liberty of scanning the SWFC hashtag on Twitter post-match, and there is some glorious Yorkshire sulking going on right now. A number of them are suggesting Carvahal (he who Had A Dream last season) should be fired. That £10 million they spanked on Jordan Rhodes is looking quite expensive at the moment. IF anything went horribly wrong with our remaining few games and we ended up with the play offs, I still wouldn't really want to play them, because I'm fed up with trips to Hillsborough, so I'd be really rather tickled if they missed out completely.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I wouldn't call it shocking or embarrassing, although it probably wasn't a good advert if he is looking for another managerial post in the game in the future.

Obviously he just loves to be involved in football at any level. Quite heartening in this day and age.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Rotherham are in with a chance of beating Donny's record of 34 defeats in a season - need just 5 more.

They really are crap. Reverse their record and you would have a team with 95 points.

Funny though how once relegation confirmed, teams suddenly some mojo, as we did in 72/73.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Funny though how once relegation confirmed, teams suddenly some mojo, as we did in 72/73.

They've still got to play Massive and Reading before the end of the season, so they could still have a say in how the playoff places go.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
:lol:

The sight of The Massive dropping out of the play off places yesterday was yet another small joy on the day. I took the liberty of scanning the SWFC hashtag on Twitter post-match, and there is some glorious Yorkshire sulking going on right now. A number of them are suggesting Carvahal (he who Had A Dream last season) should be fired. That £10 million they spanked on Jordan Rhodes is looking quite expensive at the moment. IF anything went horribly wrong with our remaining few games and we ended up with the play offs, I still wouldn't really want to play them, because I'm fed up with trips to Hillsborough, so I'd be really rather tickled if they missed out completely.

Ive just reminded my MASSIVE supporting mate about a text he sent me a fair few months ago saying that "Brighton are the weakest team in the top 6 and they will overhaul us and either get Auto's or beat us in the playoffs again".

No reply as yet!

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Ive just reminded my MASSIVE supporting mate about a text he sent me a fair few months ago saying that "Brighton are the weakest team in the top 6 and they will overhaul us and either get Auto's or beat us in the playoffs again".

No reply as yet!

Brilliant - Ask him what makes him an expert on top 6 clubs?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here