Brighton v Blackburn

Sky Bet Championship

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 1st April 2017
Kick-off: 15:00 BST
Referee: Tony Harrington
Assistants: Ian Cooper, Andrew Fox
Fourth official: John Busby

Brighton defenders Bruno, Sebastian Pocognoli and Gaetan Bong are available again after injuries.

Midfielder Beram Kayal could also feature after recovering from tonsillitis, while centre-half Vegard Forren could make his Seagulls debut.

Blackburn striker Danny Graham will miss out again with a groin injury, despite returning to training.

Defender Adam Henley has also returned to training following a hamstring injury, but will not be in the squad.

Brighton manager Chris Hughton told BBC Radio Sussex:

"We can't afford to think that the teams below us will drop points and lose games.

"We've got to expect that those who are pushing hard will do well.

"What the numbers will be? I don't know. But certainly from the eight games, we'll have to win a high percentage of them.

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left]Brighton are unbeaten in nine league games against Rovers (W5 D4) and have won each of their last four matches.
    [*=left]There has never been a goalless draw between these sides in 35 previous league meetings.
    [*=left]Brighton have the oldest average starting line-up in the Championship this season (28 years, 254 days).
    [*=left]Only one team has ever failed to gain promotion from the second tier having won 77+ points from 38 games (3 pts/win), Wolves in 2001/02 (52/53 teams promoted).
    [*=left]Blackburn have yet to lose a league game since appointing Tony Mowbray in February (W2 D5).
    [*=left]The Seagulls have lost just two of their last 29 Championship games (exc. play-offs) at the Amex Stadium (W21 D6).

The Big Match Preview: Spotlight on Blackburn Rovers

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Going to an 'all you can eat curry night' with the Mrs in an hour and should be back for kick off, which is now at 10pm our time since daylight savings time over there.
In bed by midnight, smiling or crying dependent on the result.
Will come back a bit the worse for wear and have a bottle of red ready for my return.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
This is the bit to concentrate on:

Blackburn have yet to lose a league game since appointing Tony Mowbray in February (W2 D5)

Don't expect a walkover today. Another day to be patient and get behind the team.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Last 15:00 Saturday KO of the season..........

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Going to an 'all you can eat curry night' with the Mrs in an hour and should be back for kick off, which is now at 10pm our time since daylight savings time over there.
In bed by midnight, smiling or crying dependent on the result.
Will come back a bit the worse for wear and have a bottle of red ready for my return.

Can't imagine an "all you can eat curry night" will end well but good luck with that. I struggled with a takeaway Wednesday with just a chicken Madras Pilau rice naan bread and poppadoms - oh and a portion of chips.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Can't imagine an "all you can eat curry night" will end well but good luck with that. I struggled with a takeaway Wednesday with just a chicken Madras Pilau rice naan bread and poppadoms - oh and a portion of chips.

I bloody love it, haven't had anything since breakfast in anticipation.
I hope there's plenty, as I can eat for England !
A toilet roll is in the fridge for the morning.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I bloody love it, haven't had anything since breakfast in anticipation.
I hope there's plenty, as I can eat for England !
A toilet roll is in the fridge for the morning.

Sounds brilliant by the way and hopefully three points will ease the guts.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Is GG injured..he wasn't in the last Blackburn match....great servant for BHA and was quite looking forward to GM up against him

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is GG injured..he wasn't in the last Blackburn match....great servant for BHA and was quite looking forward to GM up against him

Not sure whether he will travel to the match to renew old acquaintances but a chanting of his name as the teams are announced in appreciation of what he achieved for us I think would be appropriate.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Time for Akpom to show something today. Expect him to start up top with Murray.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here