Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you hear the one about a bloke who went on a blind date....

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
A MAN was robbed at hammer and knifepoint when he went on a blind date.

The 42-year-old had gone to meet a woman he had been talking to online at 9pm in Sloane Close, Bewbush, Crawley, on Saturday. He was instead greeted by the robber who stole money from his wallet before fleeing. He was white, around 5ft 9in, with short black hair and stubble.

DC Kirstie Neal said: "We are appealing to anyone who was in the area of Sloane Close and may have seen what happened to come forward. We are also seeking anyone else who may have fallen victim to this previously and hasn't come forward yet.

“Finally, I would urge those members of the public using the internet to make connections to exercise caution when meeting someone for the first time and consider arranging to do so in well lit public places with lots of people around."

Well 42 year old....

internet....

Meeting in some in a dodgy area at 9pm...

Surprised....

Idiot....

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Communication online ? Private address for the first meet ? Am I the only one that thinks he thought he was buying a service rather than going on a blind date ?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
OK. I'll do it.
As he disappeared in to the night with his ill-gotten gains, did the robber shout "Surprise, surprise!"

el punal

Back in the day, well the 1970s, the art of "meeting certain ladies" was the postcard in the telephone box or the local newsagent's window. One gem I saw in Western Road went like this :

" Private French Lessons - Big Maria, First Floor Flat, --------------, Come Upstairs And Knock Hard."

I never was any good at languages. :whistle:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
“Finally, I would urge those members of the public using the internet to make connections to exercise caution when meeting someone for the first time and consider arranging to do so in well lit public places with lots of people around."

This could be a warning when exchanging tickets on NSC, for certain matchdays :wink:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here