Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eastbourne Trains for Birmingham Match

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
I'm planning to travel from Eastbourne to Falmer for the Birmingham match and back afterwards.

As it's my 1st time by train for an evening match, do extra trains run before and afterwards and do fast ones that normally don't stop at Falmer actually stop?

On the way to Falmer, if I have to change at Lewes, will I have trouble getting on the train there due to number of passengers? (I don't mind standing inside the train.)

Coming back, will I have to queue for ages due to a lack of trains unless I leave Amex before final whistle?

I checked the Southern website but just shows normal trains for that evening.

What's your experience?

So many questions but I don't want to fork out for bussing in!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I train it through Eastbourne for every game. Get a direct train to Falmer would be my advice on the outbound journey - the 1801 is your best bet.

Afterwards you will have to queue, and possibly change at Lewes depending on what train you'll get at Falmer, but I generally get to Eastbourne by 2300 and I leave at the final whistle from the west upper.

There should be a full match day rail service with extra trains than currently adveristed as there's no industrial action on, but you never quite know what you're going to get. You should be okay.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here