Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good news re: Connor Goldson

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Excellent news - get well soon and the rest of the boys will make sure you have a nice restful summer holiday without the stress of play-offs :)

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Anyone care to inform us what was said?

His account is private and he hasn't accepted my follow request yet..

EDIT: Just realised I can't read as it is clearly in the original post :whistle:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Wonder if because it was successful he will be able to continue playing or whether it's still very up in the air. Brilliant news nonetheless!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Absolutely delighted for him - and for the team.

I really feared that a heart issue would be career-ending.

What great news to start the weekend with. Now for 3 points against Blackburn tomorrow, pretty please (can't see Burton causing an upset at Huddersfield, though, sadly).

Yoda

English & European
Anyone care to inform us what was said?

His account is private and he hasn't accepted my follow request yet..

EDIT: Just realised I can't read as it is clearly in the original post :whistle:

You clearly weren't the only one.

What did he say for those of us who are not on twitter?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What did he say for those of us who are not on twitter?

Read my post again. I posted his seven words.

The link to Twitter just shows a photo of his medical stuff. The tweet won't embed for some reason.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry I didnt realize that was the tweet as I thought it was your interpretation of the tweet.

No, when I post tweets, I usually embed them and post a link (those using Tapatalk can't read embedded tweets) but this time it wouldn't let me embed it, so I copied and pasted the words. There was no need for interpretation, as the words are fairly explicit.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Does anyone here know more about his specific condition and recovery?

When we first heard of his heart problem, we were told that it wasn't known if he'd ever be able to play professional football again. Is that still the case, as each person has a different recovery from the operation, or does his successful operation now mean that he'll definitely recover fully?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Does anyone here know more about his specific condition and recovery?

When we first heard of his heart problem, we were told that it wasn't known if he'd ever be able to play professional football again. Is that still the case, as each person has a different recovery from the operation, or does his successful operation now mean that he'll definitely recover fully?

I doubt that we'll ever know the specific condition, and why should we? Everyone's medical history is private.
What we were told, is that the operation was a preventative measure, rather than a restorative one, so I would guess, he'll recover well.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I doubt that we'll ever know the specific condition, and why should we? Everyone's medical history is private.
I didn't say we should be, but we get told things we don't have to be told.

What we were told, is that the operation was a preventative measure, rather than a restorative one, so I would guess, he'll recover well.
I believe we were told it was uncertain whether he'd ever be able to play again.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
When we first heard of his heart problem, we were told that it wasn't known if he'd ever be able to play professional football again.

No we weren't.

I believe we were told it was uncertain whether he'd ever be able to play again.

You don't seem so sure now, and rightly so.

GOLDSON RULED OUT FOR SEASON

Manager Chris Hughton said, "This is a significant blow for Connor, and also the club, but having taken further medical advice, the best course of action is for him to have preventative surgery.

"We will be without Connor for the rest of the season, which is a big loss for us - but this is absolutely the right course of action. We wish him well with his recovery and look forward to him returning for us next season."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here