Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tarring ALL men with the same brush

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
Are they tarring all men with the same brush? I didn't read that and think "Well, I'm don't sexually harass people so I'm offended". It's an effective campaign, the focus has been on what women can do to avoid sexual harassment, rather than informing those men that do it that it's not ok. "Walk with friends, in the light, with a bunch of keys poking between your fingers." instead of "Hey, ********, stop being a creepy weirdo that inappropriately touches women!"

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I live in Tarring and I honestly thought for the moment then that some strange policy decision had been agreed which meant all Tarring men were now required to own the same hairbrush.

What? You never know...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is this about the men of Tarring? I lived most of my life in Tarring and can honestly say a brush rarely bothered me.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Are they tarring all men with the same brush? I didn't read that and think "Well, I'm don't sexually harass people so I'm offended". It's an effective campaign, the focus has been on what women can do to avoid sexual harassment, rather than informing those men that do it that it's not ok. "Walk with friends, in the light, with a bunch of keys poking between your fingers." instead of "Hey, ********, stop being a creepy weirdo that inappropriately touches women!"

Very much this.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's Mexico, and I thought all the leftie liberal snowflakes told Trump that there are no rapists in Mexico?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It's on the other side of the world. Who cares? How is this effecting your life here?

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I'm offended. Every day I seemingly have to put up with women undressing me with their eyes. Where's the seat on the train with the lady lumps built in to highlight my plight?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
As a sociologist I can see both sides to this, it is a good campaign to raise the awareness of issues that many females have to endure. I am however getting very fed up with the demonisation of men by the media. There are also some huge double standards too. People look at other people on the metro, it is human nature. Do men look at attractive women? Yes. Do women look at attractive men? yes.

What I really despise at the moment is that a man that looks at an attractive woman is considered a pervert. Taking into consideration what the word means, I cannot understand how this is a perverted act? Staring at her or following her of course is unacceptable but I just mean glancing at her, you know, in the same way that women do to men!

I also find it very insulting that you are allowed women only gyms, the reason behind this is that women want to work out without being looked at by men. Firstly, this implies that women do not look at men working out (which they do of course according to all my female friends). It also stereotypes ALL men by exclusion. Why not have a Muslim free gym too based on the principle that you want to feel safe from being blown up? How about a white only gym because crime figures among black communities are high?

My point being, we live in a society that tries not to blanket stereotype people on race, ethnicity. class, gender, sexuality etc.........but when it comes to men, it seems perfectly acceptable to label them ALL as potential sex pest, rapist, paedophile perverts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here