Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T thread of euphemisms & double entendre.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Have been watching a few of the carry on films lately, and was wondering what's the best euphemism or double entendre that you have heard or seen.
I'll start it off.....

The Orange Seagull

Time Traveller
Jul 8, 2004
Stuck in the 80's
pear.jpg

A nice pair.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I was watching Carry On Follow That Camel, and there was a reference to a belly dancer's bra resembling kitchen bowls. 'Back home we keep dumplings in them' to which Phil Silvers says 'They're used for the same thing over here'.

Not the best double entendre, but the most recent!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
"Last time I was late, a fireman had to climb out of my bedroom window and risk his life on a narrow ledge trying to grab hold of my pussy"

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The music halls seemed to provide many of them for straight-laced Victorians such as...

'She sits among the cabbages and peas'

Kenneth Williams sings 'The Marrow Song. (Oh What A Beauty!)

And finally one of the most famous sporting ones. If someone can find the original TMS commentary, that would be great...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etmukKLR-pM

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The music halls seemed to provide many of them for straight-laced Victorians such as...

'She sits among the cabbages and peas'

Kenneth Williams sings 'The Marrow Song. (Oh What A Beauty?)

And finally one of the most famous sporting ones. If someone can find the original TMS commentary, that would be great...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etmukKLR-pM

I forgot about the marrow song, brilliant :clap2:

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
When I was a lad I recall my dad telling me about music hall comic and “cheeky chappie” Max Miller, who was well known for his risqué, blue humour. Double entendres such as the one below (a gem!) earned him a ban from the BBC from 1932 to 1937.

“I was walking along this narrow mountain pass – so narrow that nobody else could pass you, when I saw a beautiful blonde walking towards me. A beautiful blonde with not a stitch on, yes, not a stitch on. Cor blimey, I didn’t know whether to toss myself off or block her passage.”

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The great Frankie Howerd from Up Pompeii

Lurcio: [after Cassandra's prophecy; to the camera] Oh, she's very embittered, you know. Very embittered. You've seen the ring she had on? Well, allegedly, that was given to her by her fiancé when she was eighteen, and he jilted her, and she hasn't had it off since! Poor dear!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Walter Sidebottom, inventor of the Double entendres, died today, while making love to his 18 year old lingerie model wife.
It's understood, she's taken it hard.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I was walking along this narrow mountain pass - so narrow that nobody else could pass you, when I saw a beautiful blonde walking towards me. A beautiful blonde with not a stitch on, yes, not a stitch on, lady. Cor blimey, I didn't know whether to toss myself off or block her passage.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I was walking along this narrow mountain pass - so narrow that nobody else could pass you, when I saw a beautiful blonde walking towards me. A beautiful blonde with not a stitch on, yes, not a stitch on, lady. Cor blimey, I didn't know whether to toss myself off or block her passage.

A double double entendre.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
When I was a lad I recall my dad telling me about music hall comic and “cheeky chappie” Max Miller, who was well known for his risqué, blue humour. Double entendres such as the one below (a gem!) earned him a ban from the BBC from 1932 to 1937.

“I was walking along this narrow mountain pass – so narrow that nobody else could pass you, when I saw a beautiful blonde walking towards me. A beautiful blonde with not a stitch on, yes, not a stitch on. Cor blimey, I didn’t know whether to toss myself off or block her passage.”

one of my all time favourites which I was going to post - more thinking

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
When I were a lad I used to listen to round the Horne and beyond our Ken and other things with Kenneth Horne. I used to think they were funny, but listening to them now I realis that the vast majority of it was going straight over my head - Kenneth Williams as Rambling Sid Rumpo or Williams and Hugh Paddick in the "Hello, I'm Julian and this is my friend Sandy" stuff - quite brilliant and full of double entendre, and how they got away with it in the 1960s is beyond me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here