• ALBION KNIGHT

Votes: 57 50.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Thanks for all the nominations / suggestions for naming the new Northstand Chat Dogs syndicate greyhound. In total there were 81 different names suggested that were permissible. From that list, only a few were suggested more than once and I've chosen the shortlist out of those.

You have just four names to choose from.

ALBION MUZZA - after our returning hero
ALBION FOREVER - speaks for itself
ALBION GOLDSTONE - 20 years after it's demise
ALBION KNIGHT - in honour of the club's Life President and the guy who saved us from the evil empire 20 years ago

So please vote now. The poll will end on Sunday evening.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Oh dear, I was one of many who nominated Albion Goldstone, but now I feel I have to go with Albion Knight, cos without Dick, we wouldn't even have the Albion bit now.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What are the other 8 upto these days?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7 have been re-homed. We don't get updates on them once this has happened, sadly.
Currently, Albion Together is at the kennels, but has not raced since January due to an injury.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
7 have been re-homed. We don't get updates on them once this has happened, sadly.
Currently, Albion Together is at the kennels, but has not raced since January due to an injury.[/QUOTE]

Is he a left back?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Knight lost out to Bruno last time so its right that he is winning this one - maybe the second place be kept in mind for dog 10

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm not a big greyhound person but sure there was one previously called Goldstone? In any case, the only one of those four that scans is Albion Forever.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm not a big greyhound person but sure there was one previously called Goldstone? In any case, the only one of those four that scans is Albion Forever.

I can only find records of two dogs with Goldstone in the name. One born in 1983 and the other in 1998.

Perhaps it was included in a previous vote.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's an underwhelming choice of options from a previously wide variety of creative suggestions.

Albion Knight is deserving and the only one worth considering from the shortlist.

I do apologise. As I said in the OP, I picked from those that were mentioned more than once (apart from McDogface). If there had been others that you thought more worthy, perhaps a comment to say so would have drawn my attention to them. Unfortunately, we're too far into the vote now to add more options (not that I'd know how to anyway).

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I do apologise. As I said in the OP, I picked from those that were mentioned more than once (apart from McDogface). If there had been others that you thought more worthy, perhaps a comment to say so would have drawn my attention to them. Unfortunately, we're too far into the vote now to add more options (not that I'd know how to anyway).

I can* add McDogface to the poll, even at this late stage, if you'd like me to.

* Actually, I have no idea whether I can, tbh. I suspect not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here