Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old Ravers

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Was clearing out my loft at the w/e and found this flyer for a rave at the Brighton Centre that was almost 25 years ago to the day. I'm getting old!

49bedb0277bdf3e97a433b5d311cdfe7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I found all my flyers in my parents loft last year - Sterns, Fusion, United Dance, Dreamscape etc, even more surprising is that many of the old DJs are still doing it.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I found all my flyers in my parents loft last year - Sterns, Fusion, United Dance, Dreamscape etc, even more surprising is that many of the old DJs are still doing it.

Yeah! Carl Cox was at Dance 92.

D

Deleted member 22389

Was clearing out my loft at the w/e and found this flyer for a rave at the Brighton Centre that was almost 25 years ago to the day. I'm getting old!

49bedb0277bdf3e97a433b5d311cdfe7.jpg

Ha ha, I went to that one. Ellis Dee, Carl cox, brilliant night. I have found loads of old tapes on you tube, but dance 92 is lost.

Claude samdamme

Mar 8, 2014
United Dance at Bagleys was my first big rave - great times!

Always wondered how many junglists/ravers there were on here....

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Ha ha, I went to that one. Ellis Dee, Carl cox, brilliant night. I have found loads of old tapes on you tube, but dance 92 is lost.
I was there too. Think the raves went downhill at Brighton Centre after that one and was pretty much all about Sterns after.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I was there too. Think the raves went downhill at Brighton Centre after that one and was pretty much all about Sterns after.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah! I think that was the last one I went to at the Brighton Centre. Although I went to Mantra (if I remember the name rightly) at the Event and to Sterns

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Ahh. The stuff of legends :thumbsup:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

slipmatt in perth this weekend.....\0/\0/\0/ terry farley last weekend.....\0\0/0\0/

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
can i be a pedant and say that proper raves did not have flyers, nor did they happen in clubs.

Or indeed The Brighton Centre.

Think there's a moral there for everyone. No matter how cutting-edge cool you may think you are at the time, a couple of decades down the line your children and their friends are going to openly mock you on social media. And with very good reason.

Any hipsters currently sporting that groovy King George V beardie look and a sleeveful of tattoos slavishly following in the fashion of David Beckham are destined for a particularly hard time. Can almost hear the look back now: 'Oh my DAYS! Whatever was I THINKING?!' :eek: :lol:

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
Went to this and Mantra etc

It was all about The Frock followed by The Zap for me! Plus, Zipadeedodas, Use your loaf, royal escape (especially for Boys own weekends.)

Proper Raves in the sticks, Sorehem Harbour, Black Rock, Ovingdean etc.

Ah heady days...

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
can i be a pedant and say that proper raves did not have flyers, nor did they happen in clubs.

Not true. The first couple of illegal raves I went to relied on cheap paper flyers being given out on the morning of the rave.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

slipmatt in perth this weekend.....\0/\0/\0/ terry farley last weekend.....\0\0/0\0/

Slipmatt must be late 40s now at least? SL2 on a ragga tip still one of my fave tunes of all time.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Or indeed The Brighton Centre.

Think there's a moral there for everyone. No matter how cutting-edge cool you may think you are at the time, a couple of decades down the line your children and their friends are going to openly mock you on social media. And with very good reason.

Any hipsters currently sporting that groovy King George V beardie look and a sleeveful of tattoos slavishly following in the fashion of David Beckham are destined for a particularly hard time. Can almost hear the look back now: 'Oh my DAYS! Whatever was I THINKING?!' :eek: :lol:

Too true!! Thank god there was no Facebook/Instagram then. Otherwise those pics would still be around to haunt us. As it is, my son need never see pics of those days.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I'll let you have that one:thumbsup:

But I know what you mean, they became ´events´ that played rave music, that then became referred to as hardcore which splintered into Jungle and so the evolution of dance music continues.......

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here