Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone See The Stranglers At The Dome Last Night?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
been in fine form this tour according to earlier reviews

last night was sold out,any NSCers among the crowd?

apparently a few issues with equipment,but the band was as tight as ever

would be interested to see some comments

cheers

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I know this could quite easily go into the

Feeling Old Thread :lol:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
They're pretty much the same every time, with a consistency that's comforting, which is what the fans who go every time want. You could say they're worth cherishing, you don't get bands like 'em anymore etc etc, or you could argue that it would be better to spend the arena prices on going to see two or three new bands.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
They were very good but have been better. the audience were awful and due to that the gig never reached any sort of peak. I have seen them 7 times in the last 8 years at the Dome and this gig rated 6th

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
They were very good but have been better. the audience were awful and due to that the gig never reached any sort of peak. I have seen them 7 times in the last 8 years at the Dome and this gig rated 6th
I was there too and there was a spark missing that was even present in the god-awful Assembly Hall in Worthing last time around. They were OK and I wasn't sure if it was the equipment that resulted in a slightly disappointing show, or maybe they are feeling a little jaded now the tour is coming to a close?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was there too and there was a spark missing that was even present in the god-awful Assembly Hall in Worthing last time around. They were OK and I wasn't sure if it was the equipment that resulted in a slightly disappointing show, or maybe they are feeling a little jaded now the tour is coming to a close?

They just did not sound quite as sharp as previous gigs, Dave did a lot of ad lib keyboard solos that were different to the tracks, Baz seemed a bit subdued for him, drummer was good and JJ Burnel was the highlight, what a bassist, one of the best of all time. It just did not ever reach any heights and I think they were not really into it last night, largely due to the showroom dummies in the seats, 3 people around us left after about an hour as we got seats last week, mistake as you get stuck with johnny come lately's and casuals, not the real fans. Decent gig though and would not have missed it

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Saw them at Brixton last week, and they were excellent.
It did help that it was a Friday night, and everyone was up for it.
Special mention to support band The Ruts (DC), who I thought gave The Stranglers a run for their money, and with a near full auditorium cheering them on.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Saw them at Brixton last week, and they were excellent.
It did help that it was a Friday night, and everyone was up for it.
Special mention to support band The Ruts (DC), who I thought gave The Stranglers a run for their money, and with a near full auditorium cheering them on.

yeah The Ruts have been getting great reviews on the Stranglers forum

didn't get your phone nicked by any chance,apparently there was a spate of pickpocketing during the first few songs at Brixton?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here