Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 teen burglars shot dead inside home they had broken into in the US

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
BBC:

Three teenagers who broke into a home in Oklahoma were killed by the homeowner's son firing an assault-style AR-15, say police.

"They were dressed in black, all had masks on, and all had gloves on," Deputy Nick Mahoney told reporters.

The intruders - who police say were armed with brass knuckles and a knife - were shot by a 23-year-old man in an act of "self-defence", officers said.

The son may not face charges due to so-called stand your ground laws.

"This may be a case of 'stand-your-ground,' however, it's still too early to say for sure, and we're still looking into all aspects of this," Mr Mahoney told local media.

He was referring to the laws in some states that a citizen can legally use lethal force if they feel that their life in is imminent danger.

Two of the teenagers died inside the home and one ran outside before dying in the driveway.

Two of the teens are under 17 years old and one is between 18 and 19.

A fourth person has been arrested and is facing murder and burglary charges.

Elizabeth Marie Rodriguez, 21, turned herself in at the Broken Arrow police station and has admitted to serving as a getaway driver.

more...http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39413376

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
The teenagers broke through a sliding glass door in the back of the house before encountering the homeowner's adult son, who was armed with an AR-15 assault-style rifle, police say.

I was thinking a handgun, possible a hunting rifle... Who the f*ck needs one of these?? ar15_1.jpg

SAC

May 21, 2014
Although I would be against gun ownership in the US, I can't feel much sympathy for those gunned down.

Great PR for the NRA.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If you live in a state of a country that allows its citizens to arm themselves and use lethal force in defending themselves, then to be perfectly honest you have to be a bit head mental to be a burgler.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
After he shot one, wouldn't the others have fled? If they've been shot in the back or trying to leave, he's a murder in my book.

Dec 29, 2011
If you live in a state of a country that allows its citizens to arm themselves and use lethal force in defending themselves, then to be perfectly honest you have to be a bit head mental to be a burgler.
Or desperate? The US is still the Wild West, 200 years isn't long enough to build a fair, functioning society like we have in Europe. Those that consider America the leading world power have their head burried in the sand.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Or desperate? The US is still the Wild West, 200 years isn't long enough to build a fair, functioning society like we have in Europe. Those that consider America the leading world power have their head burried in the sand.

I think you will find that in 1817 we had just emerged from the Napoleonic Wars which killed millions across Europe.

Of course the USA is the leading world power, just look at the size of their armed forces (e.g. they have 10 Aircraft Carriers, the Russians have 1) plus the technological advantages those forces have.

That is not to say they use their power wisely or that their society is particularly wonderful but thinking otherwise is definitely burying your head in the sand.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
After he shot one, wouldn't the others have fled? If they've been shot in the back or trying to leave, he's a murder in my book.

25 rounds in 2.5 seconds apparently, not a lot of time to turn and run.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'm not convinced this story is a reflection of a healthy society, but I'm going to guess that millions will celebrate this news as if it is.
got to admit on the face of it, the guy who was supposed to be murdered did well killing three people who came to kill him instead. But yes, it's a screwed up powder keg constantly sparking is the US of A.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not sure I could live with myself having killed three teenagers in order to protect my household items.
if they brought knives and other weapons, were they not likely to kill too? Got to question what the heck they were so armed for? I understand your sentiments but I think you'd now be dead had you been in the same situation. I wouldn't volunteer my own death so easily and neither should you! These were criminals, fact, and potential murderers all said and done.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
The wording of the article at this stage is a bit odd

'A fourth person has been arrested and is facing murder and burglary charges.'

I would assume that this isn't the son who killed the other 3 as he wouldn't be burgling his own house. But also it doesn't reference that anyone died in the burglary so I assume it is related to a different burglary.

I just feels weird like the had a fact but limited time to get the article out so just chucked it in there. Or it was the girl who handed herself in as the getaway driver - but why not mention her by name as she is one line down. And who did she murder?!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
The wording of the article at this stage is a bit odd

'A fourth person has been arrested and is facing murder and burglary charges.'

I would assume that this isn't the son who killed the other 3 as he wouldn't be burgling his own house. But also it doesn't reference that anyone died in the burglary so I assume it is related to a different burglary.

I just feels weird like the had a fact but limited time to get the article out so just chucked it in there. Or it was the girl who handed herself in as the getaway driver - but why not mention her by name as she is one line down. And who did she murder?!

The fourth person is the getaway driver, in some states if somebody dies as part of the crime you are involved in you can be charged with their deaths. So if only one of the teens had been killed, the other two and the driver would all be looking at being held responsible for his death.

Just found this on an Oklahoma news site:

The woman, Elizabeth Rodriguez, was arrested on three counts each of first-degree murder and first-degree burglary. She is currently in the Wagoner County Jail.

Oklahoma state law says that first-degree murder occurs if “any other person takes the life of a human being during … first degree burglary.”

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here