Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I see they have opened voting for the player of the season, so who will you be voting for?

Listed in squad number order...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Could be any of Dunk, Stephens, Knockaert or Murray for me, closely followed by Stockdale, Baldock and Bruno...the list is endless of players who have had incredibly good seasons..

My vote goes to Knockaert though, sublime at times, goals as well as assists and is the only player who regularly gets me out of my seat

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I've gone for AK but it feels harsh on Dunk, Duffy, Bruno, Stockdale and perhaps even Baldock.

It's been a magnificent team effort this season and it seems almost unfair to pick out any one individual

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Sam Baldock has weighed in with vital goals and his tireless running and work rate has created many, many more for his team mates. We would be mid table without him. Unsung hero.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Stockers all day. All those penalty saves and other vital ones have got us many, many points we wouldn't have otherwise. AK will win by a mile though, as he has the loudest song since Ulloa.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Stockers all day. All those penalty saves and other vital ones have got us many, many points we wouldn't have otherwise. AK will win by a mile though, as he has the loudest song since Ulloa.

Knockaert wont win it for being brilliant all season then.... ;-)

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I don't remember a season where there have been so many candidates but I'd give it to Knockaert. I'm trying to think if an attacking player (winger or striker) has won it since Zamora's first spell here.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Did you watch games like Preston, Forest and Leeds away? ALL SEASON. Many aways he has come up short, whereas games like Fulham (H & A), Stockers kept us in and we won. Same with Weds.(H)

You realise when you're citing Forest away as a reason for Knockaert not winning POTS and Stockdale winning instead, Stockdale literally gave them a goal with an utterly ridiculous mistake? Stockdale has been fantastic too but weird you'd use that game as an example considering.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Dunk for me, he has just been class all season.

It is great that you could make a convincing argument for so many in this squad though. It really has been a team effort with the defence, midfield and strikeforce all contributing in equal measure.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
So many to choose from, so I've voted for the player that makes me happy when I see his name on the team sheet.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
You realise when you're citing Forest away as a reason for Knockaert not winning POTS and Stockdale winning instead, Stockdale literally gave them a goal with an utterly ridiculous mistake? Stockdale has been fantastic too but weird you'd use that game as an example considering.

What minute was the error again? Weren't we already losing and not remotely looking like getting near their goal? Thankfully it did not have any consequences aside from goal difference, the performance going forward all game did.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I've gone for Stockdale! Imporoved from last season and has kept us in many games (pen saves and wonder stops). Sure he's made a few mistakes, but he's been mostly consistent!

But this can change if Murray gets a hatrick to send us up at Villa...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Did you watch games like Preston, Forest and Leeds away? ALL SEASON. Many aways he has come up short, whereas games like Fulham (H & A), Stockers kept us in and we won. Same with Weds.(H)

Come on... the wink should have given it away. Ofcourse he has not been brilliant in every game, no one ever is, but he has far more often than not, which for a wide player is going some.
As good as Stockdale has been, and I often get slaughtered for defending him too much at times when he makes errors, Knockaert has been much more influential and consistent in his level of play in our current season.

Knockaert and Dunk are the stand out performers each week.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
What minute was the error again? Weren't we already losing and not remotely looking like getting near their goal? Thankfully it did not have any consequences aside from goal difference, the performance going forward all game did.

1. How is that in any way relevent?
2. It was in the 89th minute when we were 1-0 down. Not that we'd have deserved it, but who's to say we couldn't have got something out of that game?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Come on you cant say as the game was gone errors dont count.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Come on... the wink should have given it away. Ofcourse he has not been brilliant in every game, no one ever is, but he has far more often than not, which for a wide player is going some.
As good as Stockdale has been, and I often get slaughtered for defending him too much at times when he makes errors, Knockaert has been much more influential and consistent in his level of play in our current season.

Knockaert and Dunnk are the stand out performers each week.

Sorry, but AK is not 'each week'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here