Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves tickets - 500 left

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Our away support is pretty decent I'd say, probably higher than it has been for several years. It seemed really good during the Withdean years as I think people enjoyed the proper football atmosphere which we struggled to get at Withdean. Early on at the AMEX i noticed a drop off as people were getting their kick more from home games, but the last few seasons we have definitely kicked on a gear and regular decent turn outs for up North places is standard.

And still think Wolves will sell out.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Not selling our allocation for the Wednesday away play off game is a social media favourite.

I went and also went to Boro 6 days before. I had to take the Friday off work to attend this game which would have put a lot of people off....It's easy for teams like Wednesday as they have about 6 local derbies a season...And our average away support still isn't far off their average.... So **** em!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Not selling our allocation for the Wednesday away play off game is a social media favourite.

Always made me curious that one, considering our away support is 90%+ Sussex based and where we had been just a few days before… only to be required to hike up to yorkshire on a Friday night again on what was, let's be honest, a bit of a low. After all that we didn't sell what 50-100 tickets or fewer?

As opposed to a yorkshire based club who scraped into the playoffs and whose support turn up in London coaches. This is of course one of the reasons they are MASSIVE though.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Agreed. I feel for those who get embarrassed because our travelling support is not on a par with the likes of Leeds, Newcastle and Forest.

Our away support has been very similar to Forest's over the last couple of seasons, as well as Wolves, Brizzle, Birmingham and Ipswich - In the averaged 1500-1700 region.

The usual suspects that exceed us are Dirty, Massive, Derby, Boro last season.. and this season we can add Newcastle and Villa. I'm not too sure of Naaarch's away support in 14/15 but i'd be inclined to say they would top us too considering their years in the PL.

Our away support really is very good for our location on an averaged basis. The only concern I have, if we take for example at the start of the season that 50% of our non-regular away support decide to make the effort for Derby away, while the other 50% decide that they'd prefer to go to Burton instead. This seems to continue right until the end of the season even with promotion a very real possibility, we can't get 100% of those mentioned to turn up to the last four crucial away games - and they really should be making the effort IMO.

Brum and Forest last year (c1400 for each) at least had the excuse of being evening games, the latter was even moved around at short notice. Wolves this year is being treated as the ugly stepchild of the four when it is on a bank holiday, very possible to get home after, trains are still cheap (I booked 2 tickets for £20 just yesterday with a Two Together railcard) and plenty of room for 1500 more (they can open the corner). We will sell the 2700 by the time the game comes around which will be decent enough I guess.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I went and also went to Boro 6 days before. I had to take the Friday off work to attend this game which would have put a lot of people off....It's easy for teams like Wednesday as they have about 6 local derbies a season...And our average away support still isn't far off their average.... So **** em!

I agree mate, just find the whole social media bashing a bit bizarre, you know what the responses will be as soon you read a post/tweet/status. I made the Wednesday game, didn't finish work until 15:30 in Crawley :eek: made it for kick off, just :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'd also add the likes of Leeds, MASSIVE, even Forest have a lot of support in London and down South, because frankly it's nicer here! and their history gave them a higher proportion of glory boy fans. Whilst I know we have some Northern based fans and even Scotland it certainly isn't anything like the same proportion.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
How did you manage this, I cant get near this price

Link won't work unfortunately.

The prices do seem to have risen today though:

Brighton>St.Pancras Off-Peak Return £13.50
Walk to Euston (5-10mins)
Euston>Wolverhampton Virgin Trains Direct - £31 (you can still get this for £21 but required to either arrive with a couple of hours to burn, or 25mins before kick-off with a 15min walk to ground. Virgin often do discounts via their own website also if you want to check that.

These prices are for two people with a 30% Railcard discount (Senior, Two Together, Group Saver (3+) etc..). These cards are £30 annually.

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
Link won't work unfortunately.

The prices do seem to have risen today though:

Brighton>St.Pancras Off-Peak Return £13.50
Walk to Euston (5-10mins)
Euston>Wolverhampton Virgin Trains Direct - £31 (you can still get this for £21 but required to either arrive with a couple of hours to burn, or 25mins before kick-off with a 15min walk to ground. Virgin often do discounts via their own website also if you want to check that.

These prices are for two people with a 30% Railcard discount (Senior, Two Together, Group Saver (3+) etc..). These cards are £30 annually.

Brilliant, thanks - might be worth me buying the railcard then as it will still work out cheaper and I get the benefit for the rest of the year :)

theboybilly

.It's easy for teams like Wednesday as they have about 6 local derbies a season...
Barnsley & Rotherham - 20 minutes away
Leeds, Huddersfield, Forest, Brum...all an hour or so away
Derby & Burton are less than a 45 minute journey.
Even London clubs are only an hour more from Sheffield than Brighton.
For the majority of other games Wednesday fans can rely on direct services by train...they have it easy.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Barnsley & Rotherham - 20 minutes away
Leeds, Huddersfield, Forest, Brum...all an hour or so away
Derby & Burton are less than a 45 minute journey.
Even London clubs are only an hour more from Sheffield than Brighton.
For the majority of other games Wednesday fans can rely on direct services by train...they have it easy.

People seem to find this difficult to understand, especially those in the media who bleat on about "massive away followings". It would be the equivalent of us playing teams from London every other week where we take very good numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
People seem to find this difficult to understand, especially those in the media who bleat on about "massive away followings". It would be the equivalent of us playing teams from London every other week were we take very good numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They understand it pretty well, it just doesn't suit their prejudice/bias.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
For those interested in these things. Our away support in recent years is as follows:

2010/11 1396
2011/12 1609
2012/13 1367
2013/14 1178
2014/15 1041
2015/16 1611
2016/17 1425 includes one incorrect estimate for Leeds

Actuals are taken from the EFL website. This year is taken from a thread on the Onefootballforum website. The website lists alway attendances which are complied by one of the posters. It incorrectly estimates our Leeds attendance by 900, which if correct would take our average to nearer 1470. All other figures are actuals.

Judging by the sales for the rest of our games and assuming only 3000 for Villa then our end of the season average will probably be at the 1700 mark.

From my own personal experience, as I drove home to Sussex from Leeds arriving back at 1.30am, it made me realise how easy it must be being an away fan in Yorkshire and the Midlands. Its pretty much an hours drive to a large number of teams.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
For those interested in these things. Our away support in recent years is as follows:

2010/111396
2011/121609
2012/131367
2013/141178
2014/151041
2015/161611
2016/171425 includes one incorrect estimate for Leeds

Actuals are taken from the EFL website. This year is taken from a thread on the Onefootballforum website. The website lists alway attendances which are complied by one of the posters. It incorrectly estimates our Leeds attendance by 900, which if correct would take our average to nearer 1470. All other figures are actuals.

Judging by the sales for the rest of our games and assuming only 3000 for Villa then our end of the season average will probably be at the 1700 mark.

From my own personal experience, as I drove home to Sussex from Leeds arriving back at 1.30am, it made me realise how easy it must be being an away fan in Yorkshire and the Midlands. Its pretty much an hours drive to a large number of teams.

The distance travelled thing is a massive factor. We stayed overnight in Leeds after, just too much travelling to go up and back in a day. The Northern/Midland clubs have it much easier.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

2010/11 1396
2011/12 1609
2012/13 1367
2013/14 1178
2014/15 1041
2015/16 1611
2016/17 1425 includes one incorrect estimate for Leeds

That doesn't factor the 6500-7000 at Fulham I guess?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The distance travelled thing is a massive factor. We stayed overnight in Leeds after, just too much travelling to go up and back in a day. The Northern/Midland clubs have it much easier.

It's never too bad the north of London bit, whether its on the road or on the train, you feel like you are getting somewhere, the worst bit is getting to the M25/Euston/KC/StP and knowing its still a couple of hours at least till you will get home.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
That doesn't factor the 6500-7000 at Fulham I guess?

No you're right. The official attendance was 3000 or so but the whole stand was full of Brighton. However, we are not the only club in the division to have sold out its allocation and then have its fans buy tickets in the neutral end. But those extra 4 thousand would boost the average attendance by 174 per match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here