Do you own many films on blu-ray?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
It seems many people don't?

I love my:

- Extended version of The Shining.
- 25th anniversary edition of Goodfellas (picked up in Cex today for 4 quid!).
- Extended steelbook version of Big.
- Extended version of The Counsellor.
- Baraka and Samsara.
- many Attenborough nature shows, particularly Planet Earth and The Hunt.
- T2 Skynet Edition.
- Mahogany version of Anchorman.

These all have significant add-ons to the normal DVDs, I think.

noone else I know seems to bother

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I recently sent all my old stuff off to Music Magpie, I rarely used to watch them and some went off still in the cellophane wrapping.

With the online streaming services and things like Kodi about I didn't see the need in keeping hard copies anymore.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I don't replace any old films with blu-ray, but any new films are bought on blu-ray. The technology is old now though and largely unnecessary but there is something to be said about owning a physical copy of a film.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I had all the Pixar movies on Blu-Ray, put them on Ebay and I got a message from Rick Astley, no less, offering to take them all off my hands. I told him you can have Toy Story and the Incredibles but I'm never gonna give you Up.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Only a few. Have to say I'm not that bothered by special features.

The sound on Game of Thrones blu-ray is far, far superior to Sky.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I don't have any dvds or cds anymore don't see the relevance in them anymore

I don't replace any old films with blu-ray, but any new films are bought on blu-ray. The technology is old now though and largely unnecessary but there is something to be said about owning a physical copy of a film.

I actually like having the boxes on a shelf to choose from, to browse through, to take down and read the sleeve notes and so on and so on.

But in answer to the original question, a fair number of DVDs but no BluRay

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

You make me feel old. I love my CDs and DVDs. I also have a vintage vinyl collection (first Clash album, signed by Joe Strummer, anyone?).

To be fair, some music I spent ages tracking down to buy the CD off GEMM from a store in Tel Aviv or Buenos Aries, ten years ago, I can now find on YouTube.

But I like my iPod (train commute) and CDs (for the car). So I like to own it.

WRT original Q, I don't even know wat Blue Ray is :facepalm:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

This, I sold every CD, DVD and Blu ray I owned in 2013 when I moved abroad, it felt very cathartic not having ´stuff´. I also sold or gave away all my books and am a kindle man now, that is the only thing I regret a little as nothing beats a proper book.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I genuienely love DVD. It's obviously far more convenient to watch online and I do mainly now but I miss DVD.
I still have loads in a trunk at home but unfortunately not out on shelves. I would if space allowed.
I remembered them first appearing in shops, they were sparkly and modern and expensive. It's inevitable but a shame when you see them in charity shops for 50p.
One of my great pleasures in life was to head to the rental shop on a Saturday or Sunday evening and choose a film or two to watch.
It's obviously great to just click on a computer and get a film instantly but it lacks the charm of DVD.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here