Do you own many films on blu-ray?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
It seems many people don't?

I love my:

- Extended version of The Shining.
- 25th anniversary edition of Goodfellas (picked up in Cex today for 4 quid!).
- Extended steelbook version of Big.
- Extended version of The Counsellor.
- Baraka and Samsara.
- many Attenborough nature shows, particularly Planet Earth and The Hunt.
- T2 Skynet Edition.
- Mahogany version of Anchorman.

These all have significant add-ons to the normal DVDs, I think.

noone else I know seems to bother

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I recently sent all my old stuff off to Music Magpie, I rarely used to watch them and some went off still in the cellophane wrapping.

With the online streaming services and things like Kodi about I didn't see the need in keeping hard copies anymore.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I don't replace any old films with blu-ray, but any new films are bought on blu-ray. The technology is old now though and largely unnecessary but there is something to be said about owning a physical copy of a film.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I had all the Pixar movies on Blu-Ray, put them on Ebay and I got a message from Rick Astley, no less, offering to take them all off my hands. I told him you can have Toy Story and the Incredibles but I'm never gonna give you Up.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Only a few. Have to say I'm not that bothered by special features.

The sound on Game of Thrones blu-ray is far, far superior to Sky.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I don't have any dvds or cds anymore don't see the relevance in them anymore

I don't replace any old films with blu-ray, but any new films are bought on blu-ray. The technology is old now though and largely unnecessary but there is something to be said about owning a physical copy of a film.

I actually like having the boxes on a shelf to choose from, to browse through, to take down and read the sleeve notes and so on and so on.

But in answer to the original question, a fair number of DVDs but no BluRay

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

You make me feel old. I love my CDs and DVDs. I also have a vintage vinyl collection (first Clash album, signed by Joe Strummer, anyone?).

To be fair, some music I spent ages tracking down to buy the CD off GEMM from a store in Tel Aviv or Buenos Aries, ten years ago, I can now find on YouTube.

But I like my iPod (train commute) and CDs (for the car). So I like to own it.

WRT original Q, I don't even know wat Blue Ray is :facepalm:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

This, I sold every CD, DVD and Blu ray I owned in 2013 when I moved abroad, it felt very cathartic not having ´stuff´. I also sold or gave away all my books and am a kindle man now, that is the only thing I regret a little as nothing beats a proper book.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I genuienely love DVD. It's obviously far more convenient to watch online and I do mainly now but I miss DVD.
I still have loads in a trunk at home but unfortunately not out on shelves. I would if space allowed.
I remembered them first appearing in shops, they were sparkly and modern and expensive. It's inevitable but a shame when you see them in charity shops for 50p.
One of my great pleasures in life was to head to the rental shop on a Saturday or Sunday evening and choose a film or two to watch.
It's obviously great to just click on a computer and get a film instantly but it lacks the charm of DVD.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here