Yes Sunday league a few years ago, getting people out of bed was a nightmare

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
A large amount of their team were not issued visas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of them get a visa, then disappear or apply for asylum when they get to the more developed African countries. I did a shirt of the week For the Albion Roar a while back for one of the poorer African countries, one away game just about their entire squad disappeared and then applied for asylum, here is the piece I put together about an Eritrean shirt.

This is the 2014 away shirt for the Eritrea national football team.
Known as the Red Sea Boys the team play at the 6000 capacity Cicero Stadium in Asmara, the capital city. The team was officially recognised by FIFA in 1993, the year Eritrea became an independent state.
Despite finishing runners-up in qualifying groups an number of times to date they've not qualified for the finals of either the World Cup or The Africa Cup of Nations.
The pool of talent seems to be decreasing in the country after a spate of political defections when the team have played away games. 4 players fled the teams hotel in 2006 in Nairobi, in 2007 a further 12 players defected in Tanzania and 6 players did the same in Angola after a 2008 African Cup of Nations match in. In 2012 a total of 17 players disappeared after a match in Uganda and subsequently applied for asylum.
10 players from the Eritrean football team have recently refused to return home after playing a 2018 World Cup qualifying match in Botswana and have been granted asylum there.
The current captain is Henok Goitom who plays for San Jose Earthquakes in the MLS, also featuring in the current squad are Amir Hassan Idris who plays for Pontefract Collieries F.C.of the North East County League and Sirak Beyene who plays for London Tigers FC in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.

3828F0B7-2723-4D0E-85A7-9D398872C712-2277-0000024AD65F0EE9.jpeg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A lot of them get a visa, then disappear or apply for asylum when they get to the more developed African countries. I did a shirt of the week For the Albion Roar a while back for one of the poorer African countries, one away game just about their entire squad disappeared and then applied for asylum, here is the piece I put together about an Eritrean shirt.

This is the 2014 away shirt for the Eritrea national football team.
Known as the Red Sea Boys the team play at the 6000 capacity Cicero Stadium in Asmara, the capital city. The team was officially recognised by FIFA in 1993, the year Eritrea became an independent state.
Despite finishing runners-up in qualifying groups an number of times to date they've not qualified for the finals of either the World Cup or The Africa Cup of Nations.
The pool of talent seems to be decreasing in the country after a spate of political defections when the team have played away games. 4 players fled the teams hotel in 2006 in Nairobi, in 2007 a further 12 players defected in Tanzania and 6 players did the same in Angola after a 2008 African Cup of Nations match in. In 2012 a total of 17 players disappeared after a match in Uganda and subsequently applied for asylum.
10 players from the Eritrean football team have recently refused to return home after playing a 2018 World Cup qualifying match in Botswana and have been granted asylum there.
The current captain is Henok Goitom who plays for San Jose Earthquakes in the MLS, also featuring in the current squad are Amir Hassan Idris who plays for Pontefract Collieries F.C.of the North East County League and Sirak Beyene who plays for London Tigers FC in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.

View attachment 83202

Yet despite this lack of success, they still have a sportswear brand named after them.

Oh sorry . . . that's Errea.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Senegal v Ivory Coast was abandoned late on after serious crowd trouble and pitch invasions where it was played in Paris.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here