Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anywhere I can get sunglasses fixed/aligned ?

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Much as I think it looks cool to have one side much higher than the other I'd preferably like them aligned. I've looked at the YouTube tutorials and they are a bit more Miss than hit for me. Do places do this kind of service ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The independent opticians opposite Tesco in Church Road, Hove (on the library side of the road), did that for me six months ago after I trod on my new-ish Raybans (bought elsewhere). For a small fee. They sent them away and they came back fixed a couple of days later.

Specsavers, Boots The Opticians, etc were hopeless. They all claimed they weren't reparable.

jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex
Much as I think it looks cool to have one side much higher than the other I'd preferably like them aligned. I've looked at the YouTube tutorials and they are a bit more Miss than hit for me. Do places do this kind of service ?

Most opticians will do it for you,but, if you have oakleys then they have to go away as they need to be heated ( god dont i know )

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Do you want a large shower room fitted.
£20,000 just for you.

That's with a large discount :moo:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The independent opticians opposite Tesco in Church Road, Hove (on the library side of the road), did that for me six months ago after I trod on my new-ish Raybans (bought elsewhere). For a small fee. They sent them away and they came back fixed a couple of days later.

Specsavers, Boots The Opticians, etc were hopeless. They all claimed they weren't reparable.

Specsavers repair their own glasses. My sunglasses are prescription based, but I damaged them when I fell off my bike in France. I took them in when I got home and they repaired them there and then.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The repair depends on the type of frame and material, metal frames are more easily adjustable but can still break. If it's a plastic frame you may have bent the half-joint in the frame front and these can snap clean off when bent back to get the side joint level and straight.. If you take it to an Optician's most will try to straighten it but will warn you first that it is at your own risk if the frame breaks when it's put back in to shape.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here