Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket upgrades next season

SpottySeagull

Aug 15, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
May have already been posted but re. upgrading season tickets from child to adult next season, just received this from the club:
'Please note that moving forward for the 17/18 Season, we shall not be allowing full upgrades of season tickets and the maximum next season will be the 6 match upgrades.'

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I suspect this doesn't actually mean children who now need an adult ticket because they are 1 year older.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I must be missing something. Why is this limited to 6 games. Surely everytime childs ticket upgraded to adult, the club gains by increase price

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
I must be missing something. Why is this limited to 6 games. Surely everytime childs ticket upgraded to adult, the club gains by increase price

I emailed Paul Barber about this last season, they do 6 times only so people don't buy a under 18 ticket and then keep upgrading to an adult they said it was abusing the system.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Because people would presumably buy (very cheap) child STs simply to keep the seat. Imagine same principle applies for a full upgrade hence no longer going to be allowed now demand is outstripping supply (for a while, anyway).

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It's to stop devious people buying a cheap child season ticket to reserve a seat which they then upgrade on the occasions they go.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Appreciate club may have evidence that child tickets purchased but not often used. However 6 game limit unfair on genuine person. If child for whatever reason eg evening games/sickness unable to attend for say 10 games it makes no sense club would rather have empty seat for 4 games and also supporter has to go on there own for these games.
Seems mad to me but now understand why so many empty seats even on sold out games. Why on earth do club prefer empty seat

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
So presumably:

Child season ticket + upgrade charge for every game < Adult ST?

Wouldn't the answer be to increase the price of the upgrade so if you upgraded every game you would still pay the equivalent of an adult ST? I must be missing something here.

Certainly don't want the club to lose any revenues but we are getting so many changes to conditions, rules & regulations that Barber will soon need to publish his very own Little Red Book!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
So presumably:

Child season ticket + upgrade charge for every game < Adult ST?

Wouldn't the answer be to increase the price of the upgrade so if you upgraded every game you would still pay the equivalent of an adult ST? I must be missing something here.

Certainly don't want the club to lose any revenues but we are getting so many changes to conditions, rules & regulations that Barber will soon need to publish his very own Little Red Book!

No, child season ticker + upgrade charge for every game would be much greater than the cost of an adult season ticket.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Given the number of weekday evening KO's we've had this season, I think 6 changes is very unfair, as anyone with an U10 is potentially not going to want them out that late on a school night. 6 would be fine if the number of week day evening games wasn't such a large portion of the fixture calendar.

Said with reservation, but if we did go up, our number of midweek evening fixtures will dramatically reduce, to the extent there might only be 2 or 3 scheduled midweek fixtures (which could be home or away), and then an odd Monday night televised game. In those circumstances 6 changes might be reasonable for an U10s upgrade.

However, our present Championship number of midweek evening KO's at home is proportionally unfair to our club's U10s, and parents who genuinely would like to upgrade the ticket whether to an U18 or adult for those particular matches.

For an U10 ticket especially, I think the club could have said that for midweek evening KOs on a school night, you can upgrade the U10 ticket on each of these circumstances. In other KOs and times, you get a limit of 6.

Right now, I could upgrade 6 times, then leave the seat empty as long as its not empty for more than 25% of the games, which is what I'll have to do if I reach the 6 game limit for my 7 year olds ticket. The club of course could instead have revenue from those 25% of games, but their rules will prevent it. :shrug:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
If you know your child cant go to evening games and maybe when there is school trip etc what encouragement is there for them to buy a season ticket.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If you know your child cant go to evening games and maybe when there is school trip etc what encouragement is there for them to buy a season ticket.

It is very cheap for an U10 to watch football at the Amex - £80 in the family stand. Up until these new rules, you'd bring your U10 to most of the games, then upgrade for a mate or another family member either U18 or adult for an evening game (especially school night). Trouble is, the number of evening KOs has dramatically increased, and therefore completely changed the landscape for our young fans.

I suspect the U18 bracket to adults going in is the real problem around the stadium and what has provoked the rule, rather than U10s not being able to attend evening KOs. How can we have 12 or 13 late evening KOs in a season so far and be limited to 6 upgrades?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Given the number of weekday evening KO's we've had this season, I think 6 changes is very unfair as anyone with an U10 is potentially not going to want them out that late on a school night.

Agreed this is a dilemma and i'm glad my lads aren't that age anymore. Although now they are teenagers they have parties, girlfriends etc which means they sometimes want to miss matches, even schoolnight ones.
But pedantry alert I think There will be very few schoolnight matches this season (Next day is a schoolday) and probably even fewer next season if promoted given lack of midweek matches. Perhaps as few as 4 this season depending on my poor memory of when half terms fall.
most non Saturday 3pm matches are Fridays, during the summer holidays, or Saturday 5.30pm or weird ones like QPR on a Tuesday at 3pm the day after Boxing Day.

1.Huddersfield - Tues Sep 13
(i think wolves in oct was during half term)
2.Cardiff - Tues Jan 24
(again Ipswich in Feb was during half term)
3.Newcastle - Tues Feb 28
4.Birmingham - Tues April 4th (and i think thats Easter holidays for some)

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
How can we have 12 or 13 late evening KOs in a season so far and be limited to 6 upgrades?

Because actually hardly any are schoolnights. They are in the school holidays, summer holidays, half terms, Fridays or Saturdays.
PS: thats not a reason for only having 6. I guess thats what makes it worthwile in terms of admin, cost differences and is flexible enough without being meaningless. (eg: upgrade as many times as you fancy)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here