Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we ditch the stripes again

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I remember when we went to "all white" it was to make us look bigger like Leeds, then, all blue to make us look more professional. Somehow the stripes were seen as tinpot. What's the consensus assuming of course we do the business?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I was a bit miffed when we went from blue shirts & white sleeves in favour of the stripes :-D
That said, hopefully we stick with the stripes.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I like a nice pin stripe number for a change....

shirt1983-84h2.jpg

eintracht-frankfurt-15-16-home-kit-21.png

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We are Brighton and synonymous with having blue and white stripes long may it remain. With an all red change strip which is proven to be the most successful colour for a football team.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
When I first started watching Brighton in 1966 we played in an 'Arsenal' style kit of solid blue shirts and white sleeves. To me that has always been the proper Brighton kit, and I'd love us to return to it. I also liked the white kit we had sometime in the late 60s / early 70s. And yes I know the club started off in stripes and most people prefer them, it's just a personal thing.

However I can't be alone in hating the modern shirts with the striped fronts but sold backs; to me they're neither fish nor fowl. Let's have one or the other.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
The new nike 2017/18 team wear kits are slowly coming out, guess we'll get what they have.

In a darker blue and white, obviously.

nike-2017-18-striped-segment-iii-teamwear-jersey-6.jpg

nike-2017-18-striped-segment-iii-teamwear-jersey-2.jpg

nike-2017-18-striped-segment-iii-teamwear-jersey-3.jpg

Attachments

• nike-2017-18-striped-segment-iii-teamwear-jersey-4.jpg
    nike-2017-18-striped-segment-iii-teamwear-jersey-4.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 847

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Are we definitely sticking with Nike? Personally i would like to ditch them for as long as they continue to only make kits with stick on sponsors. If the other brands are willing to actually understand what the word ´bespoke´ means then go with them I say. Adidas blue and white stripes would be my preference.Adidas.jpg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Are we definitely sticking with Nike? Personally i would like to ditch them for as long as they continue to only make kits with stick on sponsors. If the other brands are willing to actually understand what the word ´bespoke´ means then go with them I say. Adidas blue and white stripes would be my preference.View attachment 83167

Pretty sure it would still be a 'stick on' sponsor with adidas, as it is with all the big brands, however, they might at least have a stripe pattern with a 'sponsor box' set into it.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
When I first started watching Brighton in 1966 we played in an 'Arsenal' style kit of solid blue shirts and white sleeves. To me that has always been the proper Brighton kit, and I'd love us to return to it. I also liked the white kit we had sometime in the late 60s / early 70s. And yes I know the club started off in stripes and most people prefer them, it's just a personal thing.

However I can't be alone in hating the modern shirts with the striped fronts but sold backs; to me they're neither fish nor fowl. Let's have one or the other.
I've only seen pictures of the blue with white sleeves rather than see the team in it but I'd quite lik eus to adopt it again :thumbsup:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I've only seen pictures of the blue with white sleeves rather than see the team in it but I'd quite lik eus to adopt it again :thumbsup:

Quite a few pics out there, try the Goldstone Wrap website

11100b5114285ee6698573c1d096a7fa.jpg

55dfacd4e4f4337921327d184f2c1ef5.jpg

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Pretty sure it would still be a 'stick on' sponsor with adidas, as it is with all the big brands, however, they might at least have a stripe pattern with a 'sponsor box' set into it.

I´d like any company that will make what we want/need. Who would be your preference Phil?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I´d like any company that will make what we want/need. Who would be your preference Phil?

I'm no fan of the big 3 or 4 largely due to their boring and template based approach. It's odd really though, as teams in the Australian A League can get Nike kits made with a sponsor panel on the front
638995ec90c7df526514b362c77625f7.jpg

But for some reason they won't do it in Europe.

I think there is merit in using the smaller brands, Errea had a couple of hiccups but generally I thought they were excellent. Other brands like Kappa, Macron and Jako can all make 100% bespoke. The be all and end all for the club at the moment is the (financial) support Nike provide regarding the overall package including equipment, gear, boots etc.

I watched Horsham FC play this weekend, they've commissioned their own brand shirts for home kit, made in the U.K. Too, and for their away kit they use a Nike teamwear shirt. I think the Ryman league provides some support for the Macron teamwear and training gear the players wear off the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here