Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wimbledon greyhound stadium gone.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Plough lane greyhound stadium had its last meeting last night. All good for Afc Wimbledon as they will be going home but that was the last bastion of dog racing in the whole of London . Pleased for afc bit sad for the doggers

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
There was a report on BBC local news recently, reporting on the people who have grown up with the dog racing fraternity.
Possibly a cult thing going on, but sadly another institution gone from the local London area.
As you say, good news for AFC Wimbledon.

The one at Reading is a good night out.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Was walking along the Old Shoreham Road this morning
There was a large hoarding in a front garden that said something like Welcome to Coral Wimbledon Greyhounds
Must have been a momento from last night
It reminded me of the old Goldstone hoarding sign outside the ground that someone luckily nabbed on the last day

Was walking along the Old Shoreham Road this morning
There was a large hoarding in a front garden that said something like Welcome to Coral Wimbledon Greyhounds
Must have been a momento from last night
It reminded me of the old Goldstone hoarding sign outside the ground that someone luckily nabbed on the last day

Except Wimbledon wasn't owned by Corals, it was owned by GRA

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Have Stow and Crayford gone or arn't they London? Parents took me to the speedway at Wimbledon and also stock car, think it was a figure of eight, I presume it's the same place? Plough Lane was the first ground I ever went to, apparently, although I don't remember a thing.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Have Stow and Crayford gone or arn't they London? Parents took me to the speedway at Wimbledon and also stock car, think it was a figure of eight, I presume it's the same place? Plough Lane was the first ground I ever went to, apparently, although I don't remember a thing.

Walthamstow went several years ago, not sure about Crayford

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
There was a report on BBC local news recently, reporting on the people who have grown up with the dog racing fraternity.
Possibly a cult thing going on, but sadly another institution gone from the local London area.
As you say, good news for AFC Wimbledon.

The one at Reading is a good night out.
Certainly WAS a good night but got flattened years ago:(

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They can always go dogging in Hove if they're desperate. May even get a glimpse of Ballyregan Bob.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here