Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bacon and egg sandwich

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Details man, details. Streaky or back bacon? Smoked or unsmoked? Crispy or not? The egg, runny or solid?

Perfect b&e sarnie for me is crispy smoked streaky bacon with a runny fried egg.

Details man, details. Streaky or back bacon? Smoked or unsmoked? Crispy or not? The egg, runny or solid?

Perfect b&e sarnie for me is crispy smoked streaky bacon with a runny fried egg.

Both streaky and back.
Smoked
Runny yolk
Hovisi white
Lurpak

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My old area manager had one of these when he visited our pub that wife made for him but he called it a banjo sandwich because the runny yolk invariably dripped on to his tie so he had to wipe if off in downward strokes similar to strumming a banjo. .2 slices of uncut bread 2 grilled or dry fried back rasher unsmoked bacon and fried egg with runny yolk salt and black pepper. Perfect.

Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Egg - Fried, boiled or poached?
Bacon - fried or grilled?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
My old area manager had one of these when he visited our pub that wife made for him but he called it a banjo sandwich because the runny yolk invariably dripped on to his tie so he had to wipe if off in downward strokes similar to strumming a banjo. .2 slices of uncut bread 2 grilled or dry fried back rasher unsmoked bacon and fried egg with runny yolk salt and black pepper. Perfect.

We held some interviews for a manager's post a few years back. Don't know why, but they decided to hold the 'pre-interview' thing where the candidates mingle with staff (so we can ask them all the questions they're not allowed to ask in the interview itself!) in a local pub, at breakfast time, with bacon and egg sandwiches. The poor candidates, all togged up in their best gear, were simply terrified of having yolk all down them for the interview itself.

Maybe that was the reason - some kind of weird initiative test?

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
What made you try one today after all these years? Bye the way I bloody love em.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
One of the few joys of early start site work is if there is one of those roadside chuck wagons nearby and scoffing a Bacon, Egg and Sausage French Stick - it has to have a dash of HP and be accompanied by a mug of Tea of course.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Tip:
Toast the bread on one side. The.crunch followed by the soft is divine.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
IMG_0152.JPG
Surely no sauce as the egg yoke is the sauce.

No Sauce??????? "His he havin a laugh"

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here