Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Going to Fremantle WA for Sunday lunch, anybody been?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Sorry, couldn't help myself !

Lol but honestly, went there in 2002 and met an elderly lady who came from Seaford where I was born. Extraordinary!
Enough, I am going to bed, you might have just got up but I should have been in bed hours ago.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Yeah ... there's a cluster of restaurants, bars and arty farty shops in the centre. Surprisingly cosmopolitan for a major sea port. I'm sure you can find some roo steaks amongst the poncey micro-breweries and artisanale [sic] bakeries. Sarcasm aside, not a bad wee spot - enjoy!

You couldn't recommend somewhere in Borneo could you? For that is where I am today ... chicken and rice looking favourite at the mo.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
fremantle market food court....cheap as chips , huge variety and you'll have more money for those poncey micro-breweries...:thumbsup:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We went to Kailis on the water front, I had crayfish with chips, salad and coleslaw, whilst Mrs Oz is partial to the bread crumbed locally caught sardines and chips with a seafood salad coleslaw.
Jolly nice I must admit,oldest daughter insisted on having a Subway, no taste.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Was there in 87/88 - Remember the Sunday sessions in the Sail and Anchor and Newport Hotel to name a few

Another vote for the Freemantle market food court

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Was there in 87/88 - Remember the Sunday sessions in the Sail and Anchor and Newport Hotel to name a few

Another vote for the Fremantle market food court

Both pubs are still there, the Sail and Anchor is the most popular pub in Freo and busy all the time, large variety of beers on tap.
The Newport is a popular pub for live music, a bit seedy but all good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here