Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Bristol City

BristolCity fan

Oct 30, 2016
Hi again everyone, I know it's a month away but I thought I'd give you lot the lowdown of what you can (maybe) expect from us when we visit for your promotion party....

It seems like years ago since I was last here, back then we were looking like a top ten side who might even make the play offs, now we are looking like a side who could very much go down. The one positive all City fans can take from the season so far is Tammy Abraham, the kid is brilliant, only 19 but holds the ball up better than the 37 year old Wilbraham and he is able to finish like nobody I've ever seen play for us, he'll be playing for England one day I'm sure of it.

From when we played you till about January we were dreadful, we lost 9 in a row at one point, a club record and until about 6 weeks ago we looked doomed. We've recently had a mini revival, drawing away at Derby and Newcastle (despite being 3-0 and 2-0 up...) and we've beaten Wigan away, drawn at home to Norwich and then last week we somehow went and beat Huddersfield 4-0 at home, a result I'm sure you were pleased with ;-).

Hopefully by the time we play you we'll be safe, we have a coupe of big games to come v Wolves and Blackburn before the 29/04 and so I would hope we don't have to rely on a result v you for survival!

I've been keeping an eye on what's been going on with you lot, not only because of my Brighton friend keeping me updated with every goal, but also because of how well you played at ours, still the best team we've had at the Gate.

Anyway I'm owed 4 pasties or pies of my choice for the game v you so I'm looking forward to coming down for what should hopefully be a celebratory atmosphere from both sides!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What do you think of the redeveloped Ashton Gate? I thought it looked really smart, I enjoyed the live band too.....it's not often you hear "Anarchy in the UK" after a game.

:lolol:

BristolCity fan

Oct 30, 2016
What do you think of the redeveloped Ashton Gate? I thought it looked really smart, I enjoyed the live band too.....it's not often you hear "Anarchy in the UK" after a game.

It is smart and it's much better than what we had before quality wise, what we were worried about was whether we would lose our atmosphere but so far its been good in parts. The bands after the game are good with some very interesting songs haha

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
My abiding memory of the trip to "the Gate" was how many time they replayed Sidwell's goal on the big screen.
Can't help thinking the home support, not to mention the goalkeeper, must have enjoyed that :bowdown:

BristolCity fan

Oct 30, 2016
My abiding memory of the trip to "the Gate" was how many time they replayed Sidwell's goal on the big screen.
Can't help thinking the home support, not to mention the goalkeeper, must have enjoyed that :bowdown:

It was a great goal, although O'Donnell must have found the fireworks going over the bridge that bit more interesting haha

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Please, please, please don't refer to any promotion party. Every time I hear anybody assuming we're up I wince.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

One of my best moments of the season........cheers louder on every replay [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Tidy stadium but I heard they put the extra seats in for the rugby fans. :whistle:

I missed the band, where were they playing?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Tidy stadium but I heard they put the extra seats in for the rugby fans. :whistle:

Best not mention the Amex record attendance was set during the Rugby world cup then...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Best not mention the Amex record attendance was set during the Rugby world cup then...

Except that was the Brighton and Hove community stadium record attendance, wasn't it? :lolol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
International Rugby was always going to be the biggest gate at the Amex simply because segregation is not needed. I have often thought that in this day and age do we really need it anymore?
I have stood on the Goldstone East side with away supporters and never had any bother. Some interesting conversations in fact with some Palace fans! Hard to believe maybe but it's true.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

I missed the band, where were they playing?
They were in a little bandstand down the side of the ground next to the burger bars.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The logos were covered/removed......

And the commengtators described the stadium as whatever (see above; not Amex) . . . anyway, whatever. :amex:

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
What a great message . Bristol City are staying up dont worry. Are Brighton going up ? Yes of course we are . So a party it will be

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here