Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk vs Gibson

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Dunk would be better back up for England wouldn't he.? Not really seen much of Ben Gibson tbh.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Dunk would be better back up for England wouldn't he.? Not really seen much of Ben Gibson tbh.

Rather invalidated your own argument there, haven't you. Gibson has played most games for a team in the Prem this year, a team with the 6th best defensive record. He has also played under Southgate for the under 21s several times. Dunk? Can't stop getting booked, in the Championship. I rate Dunk highly, but he really is not as good as some on here seem to think.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Rather invalidated your own argument there, haven't you. Gibson has played most games for a team in the Prem this year, a team with the 6th best defensive record. He has also played under Southgate for the under 21s several times. Dunk? Can't stop getting booked, in the Championship. I rate Dunk highly, but he really is not as good as some on here seem to think.

I disagree.

Best centre back we've had since Colin Hawkins.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I dont know enough about Gibson and dont remember him as standing out from when we played Middlesbro but he has been receiving rave reviews in the press.

Perhaps if we go up and Boro come down we could put a cheeky bid in,be a very solid replacement for Duffy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Thought Harry McGuire would be ahead of Gibson. Dunk has to be playing premier league to have any chance of being considered.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Perhaps if we go up and Boro come down we could put a cheeky bid in,be a very solid replacement for Duffy.

Have I missed something - why do we need a replacement for Duffy? Was there an official decision to hound him out of the club?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Thought Harry McGuire would be ahead of Gibson. Dunk has to be playing premier league to have any chance of being considered.

McGuire is class, Gibson has been part of one of the better defences in the PL

Southgate knows him from the U21s as well I would imagine

Dunk, I doubt is even on his radar

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Have I missed something - why do we need a replacement for Duffy? Was there an official decision to hound him out of the club?

Nobody's hounding anyone,would think the club will quietly move him along and hopefully recoup some of the money we spent last summer,real shame as I think he would have been a great club captain,unfortunately his views,which he is perfectly entitled to ,surely don't reflect that of the club.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Nobody's hounding anyone,would think the club will quietly move him along and hopefully recoup some of the money we spent last summer,real shame as I think he would have been a great club captain,unfortunately his views,which he is perfectly entitled to ,surely don't reflect that of the club.

I don't agree with his views.

But surely, yesterday's news..........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

What views are those? Think I've missed something here.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Have a day off. He'll be one of our starting CBs for a very long time.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I assume that people are on about his tweet re Martin McGuinness. I dont agree with his view and thunk that he is wrong and ill advised to voice it but but he is entitled to a view.

Well I can't say that I'm surprised to be honest, he is a self confessed Irish Republican after all, and as you rightly say, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I see no reason whatsoever why that should stop him playing for the Albion though.

James McClean at West Brom holds similar views, and went much further, and refused to wear a poppy on his shirt during the rememberance day game last season.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
I would actually say Alfie Mawson has moved in front of Dunk.
Playing regularly for Swansea and scoring goals in his debut season in the Premier League.
Dunk is long way off from being called up, until he's played 20 games in the Prem, he will not be under consideration imho.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here