Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you settle for 89 pts

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
If you were offered 89 pts now would you take it.
That's 4 wins & 4 defeats,3 wins 3 draws & 2 defeats or 2 wins & 6 draws.

Or do you think we will need more or less points than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I'd settle for an each way bet on that, it may well be enough points.
The standard in the Championship is getting better with each season, more entertaining football than the Premier League in my opinion.
The cushion that we have maybe enough, as I think Hudds have peaked now (fingers crossed).
I think that in the future the points required could be less, as the quality of the teams evens out.
What are you doing here anyway, it's past your bedtime, this is when the night shift takes over !

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Only after Huddersfield Town and Leeds United decide what they are settling for first.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
You sound like my wife.

Before the season started I said 85 points would win the league because of how competitive I thought it would be.Problem is Villa,Norwich & Derby forgot to turn up to the party.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Wolves form is picking up, so fancy them to get something in the game in hand with Hudds and hopefully by the time the Villa game comes areound it will be academic, as they are in very good form at present.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
You do know that we have to go to wolves before Huddersfield don't you.We also have to go to Q.P.R who are on fire at the moment & will be well motivated by their manager after the abuse we have given him over the years.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Yep, along with Villa these will be our most testing remaining fixtures.
Can see us losing one more game to Villa possibly and drawing against QPR and Wolves.
Still recon on getting 90 points, so your 89 points may not be out of the question.
I recon that N/castle will end up on 92 and Hudds on 86, the rest will be history.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
If we "only" get 89, Hudds will probably need 90 (unless they score a hatful). To get 90 they have to win all their remaining homes and draw all the aways. Personally I think that's asking a bit much from 9 games.

Stumpy Tim

I would settle for 93. There's no reason we shouldn't win our 4 remaining home games, which would put us on 89. Four points from our remaining away games isn't much to ask.

I know things are rarely as simple as that, but while we may drop unexpected points at home, we'll also pick up extra points away

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
No, as I'm sure it will be over 90 required this year for the autos, and the playoffs will also be a high total required this year. Didn't Leicester go up with 68 points? Luxury...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If you were offered 89 pts now would you take it.
That's 4 wins & 4 defeats,3 wins 3 draws & 2 defeats or 2 wins & 6 draws.

Or do you think we will need more or less points than that.

No.

89 points means getting knocked out in the playoff semi-finals again. :nono:

Right now I'd settle for 98.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here