Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Catalogue POI

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Help needed,
Mrs LLF has been using catalogue since 2000, (I know) and has just realised that she has been paying ppi for an indeterminate amount of years.She has phoned the catalogue and cancelled, and has asked them for details of how long she has been paying.
They have denied that the said charge is PPI, and said that it is personal account protection, but that it is an insurance " if you get into money troubles".
She also asked if they had any evidence that she requested the protection,but she had signed up over the phone, they said, so they have no record of it.
When she asked how long she had been paying, they said six months, but then said they had sent her a letter last May, reviewing the charge, Mrs LLF knows she didn't receive a letter, and certainly didn't review anything. She asked them to send her details of how long she had been paying etc, and they have told her they have no details at all, but would contact the insurance company, who they didn't name, and they would contact her.I've had a quick look on the internet, and found that prior to 2007, companies used to use a tick box opt out system, now thought to be unfair.

Is there anyone, on the fount of all knowledge that is NSC, who could give me a bit of advice on what her rights are.tv

The total she has paid in, if since 2000, runs into the 1000s.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Is there a kind MOD out there who can Chang the thread title to Catalogue PPI, please. Bloody predictive text

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
She could always do a Subject Data Access request under the data protection act. The company then have to provide her with all the information they have for her account. By law they have 40 days to provide the information

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here