Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LATEST TV - Utter Waste Of A Freeview Channel?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry, but we're constantly told we're supposed live in some kind of multimedia Silicon Beach rainbow heaven emporium here in BN1.

We've even got our own telly channel: LATEST TV on Freeview Channel 7.

And what do we get? The most pitiful viewing you ever did see. Strictly third world, like our trains. 75% of it is 1940's black'n'white 'B' movies. Full coverage of an old Albion match that everybody's long forgotten. Hilariously AmDram news coverage. And WAY too much airtime for one particular bloke in a dress with zero presentational skills and nothing much to say. Who must remain nameless. And talentless. My nephew's a recently-graduated film student. From Aberdeen FFS. Whenever he comes to visit, he openly ROARS at it's ineptness, and demands we watch every single moment of live presentation. Have to admit, it is indeed an absolute HOOT. Tho it's not supposed to be.

It truly is a pathetic state of affairs. Is this ALL we are in B&H? If so, it's pretty pitiful. Do they draw lots to choose the presenters? Or was it just that nobody with any modicum of talent applied for the positions on offer? Any half-bright film student with a lower level Media Studies degree could OWN that station if they put their mind to it. As could NSC's finest, [MENTION=791]The Albion Roar[/MENTION]. Astoundingly low self-esteem that they don't even attempt a bloodless coup of these supremely untalented losers.

And...relax :smokin:

Last edited:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
it always freezes and breaks up on my tv, all other chanels are fine, , ive tried to watch a couple of the "Albion Nights" but have to give up after a minute or so

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I used to work in TV, but have since moved into corporate video production working with brands. I do a lot of filming/editing and head up the video department of a local agency.

I might just have to get involved in this, and make some Albion related to go on the channel. I imagine the budgets involved are hilarious and the whole thing is held together on chewing gum and good will. Still, sounds like a challenge!

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Sorry, but we're constantly told we're supposed live in some kind of multimedia Silicon Beach rainbow heaven emporium here in BN1.

We've even got our own telly channel: LATEST TV on Freeview Channel 7.

And what do we get? The most pitiful viewing you ever did see. Strictly third world, like our trains. 75% of it is 1940's black'n'white 'B' movies. Full coverage of an old Albion match that everybody's long forgotten. Hilariously AmDram news coverage. And WAY too much airtime for one particular bloke in a dress with zero presentational skills and nothing much to say. Who must remain nameless. And talentless. My nephew's a recently-graduated film student. From Aberdeen FFS. Whenever he comes to visit, he openly ROARS at it's ineptness, and demands we watch every single moment of live presentation. Have to admit, it is indeed an absolute HOOT. Tho it's not supposed to be.

It truly is a pathetic state of affairs. Is this ALL we are in B&H? If so, it's pretty pitiful. Do they draw lots to choose the presenters? Or was it just that nobody with any modicum of talent applied for the positions on offer? Any half-bright film student with a lower level Media Studies degree could OWN that station if they put their mind to it. As could NSC's finest, [MENTION=791]The Albion Roar[/MENTION]. Astoundingly low self-esteem that they don't even attempt a bloodless coup of these supremely untalented losers.

Well I like it .... Under the radar is great!

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Never watched Latest TV before but I did deal with them as a client until about a year ago when I fell out with them because they couldn't pay their bill. Cracked me up as they said something along the lines of 'well we will just take our business elsewhere.'

Always struck me as nasty and generally incompetent. Can't see em lasting very long.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Brighton is one of only a few towns/cities that have their own TV Channel. If you don't like it then there are 200 odd other channels to watch.

giphy.gif

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I used to work in TV, but have since moved into corporate video production working with brands. I do a lot of filming/editing and head up the video department of a local agency.

I might just have to get involved in this, and make some Albion related to go on the channel. I imagine the budgets involved are hilarious and the whole thing is held together on chewing gum and good will. Still, sounds like a challenge!

Mate. Just take a look. Freeview channel 7. If you can't improve the Albion-related content with one hand tied behind your back and both eyes poked out with a carelessly-brandished Albion flag, then I'm a Former Dutch Marine chef.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Brighton is one of only a few towns/cities that have their own TV Channel. If you don't like it then there are 200 odd other channels to watch.

That's not the point tho, eh? Why does it have to be such unrelenting SHITE? Up til about a year ago, LATEST TV was so utterly inept that here in BN1 it could only be found on something like Freeview Channel 597, Channel 7 having been bagged by something a couple of counties along that used to show shows with titles like SOLENT LAST WEEK NOW! You can just sort of imagine what the content was like on THAT one. Which you'd have to do, because mercifully it only ever came up as a blank screen here in BN1 :lol:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
It is free. But I don't watch it. It seems to be the trend to try it once and never again.

People clearly get upset if they watch it too much..

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I haven't watched it for some time but I do remember a while ago they had a feature 'Albion Night' which included the most recent footage so I must watch again for a laugh !

It was as said on channel 7 but doen't appear there now !

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I haven't watched it for some time but I do remember a while ago they had a feature 'Albion Night' which included the most recent footage so I must watch again for a laugh !

It was as said on channel 7 but doen't appear there now !

As I don't have Seagull Player I watch Albion Night on Latest TV. It really is poor standard in commentary as well as content - they repeat matches ie Barnsley at home has been on at least three times.

Chickenrunner

Jul 26, 2004
Although I agree that much of the "local" content is pretty painful, the Albion Night stuff (Thursday?) usually features a complete game - all but a few weeks old - with great punditry from Bob Booker. As I'm a ST holder, I rather like watching a whole game from a different perspective. Where I am during the day, "Latest" reverts to "Talking Pictures TV" until 4 pm and you get some cracking old B&W movies (mainly British) for us oldies to enjoy...

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Are we NSC's finest? Never knew that. :cool:

As for doing something on the telly, well... they did approach us once.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Was really pleased when I first heard about Brighton getting its own TV station. With all that goes on here their should have been a good range of quality items to include.

But that became disappointment when I saw the content, presenters etc. How did these people get hold of the licence?

Now only watch snatches when I surf the channels looking for something different. Don't stay long though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here