Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wheeler Dealers.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
For me, Edd was the show... the rest of it was irritating. Can't imagine I will be watching the new ones any more than I would watch Fast n' Loud, Diesel Brothers, Overhaulin' etc...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Much to everybody's surprise I fookin loves Wheeler Dealers.

Terrible news.

To me it's a comedy as everything is so easy, every nut can be undone, and after 5 mins Edd doesn't look like Pig-Pen.

I so enjoy sidling up to the petrolheads, at work, steering their conversation onto just how easy it is to change the drum brakes on a 1967 Cadillac.
Their withered look followed by "you've been watching Wheeler Dealers again, haven't you?" - never gets old.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Blimey. I love WD and the shows format of Mike gets car ( start ), Ed fixes car ( main part of show ), Mike sells car ( end ) is what makes it so different from any the other ( scripted & product placement ) car programmes on tv. The fact that Ed goes into great detail for any of the fixes is one ( if not the only ) reason that this show works really well. The Americans have taken a unique British production and turned it into just another clone to go with the many others that they produce. Good on Ed for sticking with his principles and not selling out. Hopefully see him soon in his own TV show.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Massive shame, wonder what Ed will do now.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I find cars to be one of the most boring subjects in the world. I can not watch 1 minute of Top Gear. However, I loved watching wheeler Dealers and will miss it.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Ant Anstead is a great TV personality (if that's the right word) and also a very good mechanic, restorer, car builder. Anyone watched For the Love of Cars or The Lost Lotus. He would have been a perfect 'replacement' if WD stayed in the same format, it's a shame to hear it'll be changed, probably would need a sob story now. I'm more interested in the fix/restore aspect of the show being a classic car owner.
I'll give it a go and hope Discovery don't **** it up.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Some of the earlier shows are panful to watch now, Ed liked his rattle cans too much! but as soon as the budget was increased and the bodges stopped the show was great.

Car SOS is in my opinion a much better watch.

Jul 7, 2003
I used to love wheeler dealers - even the trading up version - but wasn't keen on the US series as they had that horrible US TV style where every break they told you what was coming up and then told you what had happened already. Some of do have an attention span longer than 10 minutes.

I'm totally useless at mechanical stuff but found it fascinating watching Edd do his stuff.

I do enjoy Car SOS but do find the bits with Tim a bit tiresome - they are too staged like the old Top Gear for my liking.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I used to love wheeler dealers - even the trading up version - but wasn't keen on the US series as they had that horrible US TV style where every break they told you what was coming up and then told you what had happened already. Some of do have an attention span longer than 10 minutes.

I'm totally useless at mechanical stuff but found it fascinating watching Edd do his stuff.

I do enjoy Car SOS but do find the bits with Tim a bit tiresome - they are too staged like the old Top Gear for my liking.

I get the idea that this is why Ed decided to leave.Moving away from the core of the program ( showing and explaining the repairs ), to scripted dramas and product placement. In other words just another generic US motor show.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here