Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunky or Keane

matto.75

Jan 21, 2011
If we had only lost 2-0 at home to Middlesbrough last season, would Dunky be playing against Germany tonight?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The answer is probably yes as I believe when we get promoted this year he will be called up next year as will Stockdale and they will replace Keane and Heaton.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
You could argue both were very similar when playing Championship football last season. Difference now is Keane has proven himself at Premier League level where Dunk has yet to play. For all we know, Dunk might not be able to step up (but I think he's capable).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I believe if we'd gone up it would be Dunk playing right now. Could yet be next season.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Would have all depended on how well he was doing in the prem up to this point, I believe he has what it takes to be a success in the premier league but until he's played in it nobody knows for sure.

Hopefully we will find out soon!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
This is just a personal opinion.Ability wise I don't think there is much between them.I think Dunk is too impulsive & that is why he gets so many bookings & Red cards where as Keane I think is more level headed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Had Dunk not got himself sent off against QPR, he would have played against 'Boro and we may not have lost 3-0. We may not have conceded a late equaliser in the QPR game. We may have kept out 'Boro's goal at their place with him in the side, but he was suspended again after two yellows against Derby.

Dunk has been sent off five times in his career compared with Keane's none. He has 48 yellows in 262 matches compared with Keane's 13 in 180. Dunk may be better with the ball at his feet than Keane, but on those stats, which would you choose to rely upon in tournament football?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Dunk has been sent off five times in his career compared with Keane's none. He has 48 yellows in 262 matches compared with Keane's 13 in 180. Dunk may be better with the ball at his feet than Keane, but on those stats, which would you choose to rely upon in tournament football?

Hard to argue with that.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the thing is, Dunk looks spectacular against average to good strikers. will he step up against top draw forwards. and Stato analysis highlights glaring flaw in his game, probably why he's still with us and not been wrenched away in some double figer premiership swoop to stock their bench.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
If he gets in Premier league - he'll get in an England squad pretty quickly. Smalling and Jones manage to !!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Keane played very well tonight to be fair to him.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Stato is correct. But it's also true that if Dunk was in a PL team now, he'd be in the England squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here