Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beauty and the Beast

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Now I'm guessing much of NSC may view this film as a bit of a girls film, BUT despite being a grumpy middle aged old man..... I have to say it is truly bloody amazing.

Saw it at the Imax on Sunday and thought it was incredible. Seeing it in 2D later and will be interested to see if the film without the 3D effects is just as good. I am pretty sure it will be.

Emma Watson couldn't be better cast in the role of Belle and everything about the film is just beautiful.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Very disappointed. Thought this was going to be a thread comparing Hughton and Allardyce.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Now I'm guessing much of NSC may view this film as a bit of a girls film, BUT despite being a grumpy middle aged old man..... I have to say it is truly bloody amazing.

Saw it at the Imax on Sunday and thought it was incredible. Seeing it in 2D later and will be interested to see if the film without the 3D effects is just as good. I am pretty sure it will be.

Emma Watson couldn't be better cast in the role of Belle and everything about the film is just beautiful.

Yes I agree, saw it with my daughter and thought it was done beautifully.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

I posted in Film 2017 but definitely worthy of its own thread...

Emma Watson is very beautiful and the film is exceptional. I am no cinema expert and don't really understand what makes a film "good", and/or an all-time box office success, but B&TB does whatever it is in spades. Quality of acting, music and effectiveness of emotional triggers all very high.

As I said in the other thread, thoroughly recommended for a "date".

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Even if it's not your sort of film, it's very very well made.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I didn't know 3D was still a thing - has it not died a death yet?

I mus confess to generally hating 3D films and normally watch every film at the cinema in 2D but thought I'd tried the Imax for this one and it is truly stunning.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Even if it's not your sort of film, it's very very well made.

And incredibly well cast. Still cant quite believe that the Beast is Matthew from Downton Abbey though!

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
The original is a Disney classic. When i first heard they was remaking it i was a little concerned they would spoil it. Much as i imagine they would if they remade Lion King. That said, i thought they did a great job with The Jungle Book.

I've not seen it yet but it's good to see the positive reviews. Will try and get their sometime this week.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Crawley and Chichester. But not all have Imax cinemas have 3D. The one I use when I go to see IMAX is the BFI Imax (3D and Digital Projection) which is situated on the South Bank near Waterloo Station and is the best one in the UK.

I went to the Chichester one for this. Not tried Crawley. I see they also have the 4DX as well. I'm not sure about that. Might be okay for this type of film as not too much rocking and rolling about I guess. Suspect two hours of a car chase type film might get a bit tiresome.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
The original is a Disney classic. When i first heard they was remaking it i was a little concerned they would spoil it. Much as i imagine they would if they remade Lion King. That said, i thought they did a great job with The Jungle Book.

I've not seen it yet but it's good to see the positive reviews. Will try and get their sometime this week.

It is not a remake, but a new version of a story written by the French novelist, Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve and published in 1740. Not all fairy tales are written by Walt Disney.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Brilliant movie. The effects, the songs, the characters... were all spot on.

Our 1st dance as man & wife was "Tale as Old as Time" (the wife is a huge Disney fan & ex-cast member) so the original film has always had a special place in our hearts. We took our terminally ill friend along to see it Saturday night as it was on her bucket list for this year, & we all ended up blubbing like babies....

Certainly a bittersweet feeling, but a fantastic film & well worth seeing. Even our 10 yr old son enjoyed it...and hes definitely not one for girly things normally!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
It is not a remake, but a new version of a story written by the French novelist, Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve and published in 1740. Not all fairy tales are written by Walt Disney.

Accept that it was originally a French story from the 1700's - but what I think Withdean11 was getting at, was that its a live action remake of Disney's own animated version. The songs are the same, the settings almost identical to the original animated film....

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I took my daughter to see this film over the weekend and we both enjoyed it. We saw it at the picture house Uckfield which maybe can't compare to an imax but I really like it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here