Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Dexter RIP

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just read all his Morse books, they were great.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Any particular recommendations?
I got a box set from 'The Works' and read them all, one after another, over the course of a couple of weeks. 13 books in all :lolol:

Just pick any one they're all good stories.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Badly indict explorer (5,6,3)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The Morse books and tv series got me into a life long love of detective fiction. A sad passing but a long life lived well.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
When I was a student, I had a summer job at the Oxford Examinations Board, in Summertown, North Oxford (the long hot summer of 1976), marking multiple choice O level exam papers. The guy who managed the department I worked in was a terse disciplinarian sort of bloke with an unfriendly manner who took a dim view of the long-haired students in the temporary staff, their poor work rate, slack timekeeping etc. The only other thing I remembered about him was that some of the permanent staff used to laugh about the detective novels he wrote in his spare time, and how unlikely it was that he'd ever make a success of them. It was only years later that I worked out who "Mr Dexter" was.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yeah, but what's Shane Duffy's opinion of the guy?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
I went to a boot fair some time ago and towards closing time saw a stall with the boxed set of all the Morse books. the stallholder said she could not be bothered taking them home again and sold them to me for £1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here