Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whatever happened to Mornington Crescent?

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Nooooooooo:mad:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Sorry, but under the Rees-Mogg amendment (1749), you can't play that on an even numbered turn before noon.

In which case, Oval
That sets me up nicely for the Clapham interchange variation .

Barons Court.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The key to winning is now to devise a strategy which maximises your possible pay off F(n). If the pay off does not depend upon n, then your best strategy is to call "Mornington Crescent" on your first move. But this is far from the actual case. Instead F(n) increases as n increases, and this alters your strategy.

As an example, consider the case where F(n) doubles with each turn. (We will continue to use this example for the rest of this post.) Now let's suppose that we have a two-player game and it is your turn. You could say "Mornington Crescent" and you would win with a certain pay off. If, however, you DON'T say "Mornington Crescent", and (crucially) your opponent also doesn't say it on their turn, then your pay off has increased four-fold if you say it on your next turn. Thus you have signifcantly increased your winnings, with of course the risk that your opponent will say "Mornington Crescent" on their turn.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Given the weather conditions I am heading straight for Green Park, but reserving the right to use my one legged dog token at a later date.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Whoah... steady on... 'straight for Green Park' you say? I'm up for most things, but is this some strange 'Real Geography' variation?

I would feel much more comfortable with a gentle 'Acton Town' setting up the almost inevitable...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here