Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was Malcolm Stuart the fastest Physio in football?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Sideline discussions at football this morning after a player got injured we were talking about Malcolm Stuart, one of our number claimed that Malcolm once won the competition for the fastest Physio,

Does anyone remember this?

I remember Malcolm proposing to his then girlfriend on the scoreboard at Old Trafford, but couldn't recall him winning this Physio comp.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reckon the post-Malcolm little bloke with knobby knees off Benny Hill would be faster. Sort of who would win a race between a wheezy bulldog and a long-retired greyhound?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Didn't the Sussex shark win the Cricket equivalent?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Still in the same job, working from home. Did my rehab post ankle surgery last summer. Top physio.

What did you have done?

I've just had [last Sep] an arthroscopic sub-talar debridement to try and resolve a long-standing ankle issue - hasn't worked out ....
I know Hiney had the sub-talar fusion - has anyone else?
I'm keen to know how mobile / active I can expected to be 12 months on from the fusion?
Anyone got experiences to share?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What did you have done?

I've just had [last Sep] an arthroscopic sub-talar debridement to try and resolve a long-standing ankle issue - hasn't worked out ....
I'm keen to know how mobile / active I can expected to be 12 months on from the fusion?

Best avoid fusions. I was offered one on my finger, declined, and 7 weeks later I had full articulation. Its just laziness on their part.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Still in the same job, working from home. Did my rehab post ankle surgery last summer. Top physio.

Yep, one of the good guys.
He did my ACL rehab about fifteen years ago. Towards the end I was probably the fittest I have ever been but he'd still always say 'bit of timber to shift there mate' when I saw him :lolol:

Withdean Boy

Dec 19, 2016
What did you have done?

Debridement, drilling into the damaged talus bone and ligament reconstruction (arthroscopy). That was Nov 2015, was back playing football the following July, but still had pain up until recently.
Can't help you on fusion though.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Not sure about the answer to the question but a decent bloke just for the fact he bought me and a group of mates a round of drinks in The Grand.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Mike Yaxley was much faster and looked cool in his dark glasses

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Sideline discussions at football this morning after a player got injured we were talking about Malcolm Stuart, one of our number claimed that Malcolm once won the competition for the fastest Physio,

Does anyone remember this?

I remember Malcolm proposing to his then girlfriend on the scoreboard at Old Trafford, but couldn't recall him winning this Physio comp.

I think "fastest" was a typo?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here