Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chins up lads, we are guaranteed a play offs spot at worst sure;y:

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
..... should we blow this, which is unfortunately still a strong possibility.

Mind you, Leeds, Huddersfield, Reading, Sheff Weds, Fulham as likely play off opponents :-O

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Would we really be satisfied now with a play off place gamble after the season we have had so far ?
I know that nothing is guaranteed, but seriously ?

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
If we end up in the playoffs it will mean that we will have had to play competitive games right up to the last game. Like last year we risk meeting a team that have been guaranteed a play off place for several games and who are able to rotate and rest their squad. I really wouldn't fancy going to Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday or Fulham in a first play off...

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Win at home and draw away for the next 8 and we will be promoted.
I have no doubt of this, or are ability to achieve this (or better).

It will probably mean we will be going to Villa needing a point.
But the game will mean more to us than them.

We are going to do this.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Would we really be satisfied now with a play off place gamble after the season we have had so far ?
I know that nothing is guaranteed, but seriously ?

I tend to agree with this. Top two since October, to lose out now would be a bit of a disaster.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
We're 6 points clear with 8 games to go and have just suffered an unusual blip in form. We've an international break coming up and will see a few players return from injury. What's not to like?

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We're 6 points clear with 8 games to go and have just suffered an unusual blip in form. We've an international break coming up and will see a few players return from injury. What's not to like?

Not wanting to sound like a bit of a downer, it does have to be noted we lost 1-2 to Newcastle, 3-0 to Forest and 2-0 to Leeds in recent weeks. So it was more of a 'as you were' than a blip.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Not wanting to sound like a bit of a downer, it does have to be noted we lost 1-2 to Newcastle, 3-0 to Forest and 2-0 to Leeds in recent weeks. So it was more of a 'as you were' than a blip.

It's a blip that extends back a good few weeks, I agree. And I know you are playing devil's advocate but, taken in the context of the last 46 games, it's a blip.

And imagine this. Murray's effort against Newcastle had gone in; his blast at Rob Green yesterday had been a foot to the left or right. I think we'd be looking at 2 draws. These are all ifs and maybes I know, but I'm looking at the positives.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It's a blip that extends back a good few weeks, I agree. And I know you are playing devil's advocate but, taken in the context of the last 46 games, it's a blip.

And imagine this. Murray's effort against Newcastle had gone in; his blast at Rob Green yesterday had been a foot to the left or right. I think we'd be looking at 2 draws. These are all ifs and maybes I know, but I'm looking at the positives.

I don't disagree and I share your positives. Yesterday was a freebie that we didn't capitilise on. It is an 'as you were' situation. But our blip is looking a bit scary at the moment. For once I'm glad for the international break.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If either Newcastle or the Albion found themselves in the play-offs, having been top 2 since October, I wouldn't expect either team to go up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here