Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's more exciting now.

Russ

Rust Man
May 4, 2013
Yeah, I know. If we'd won tonight then automatic promotion was looking a certainty. But where's the fun in that? Let's have an exciting run in. In fact, let's miss out on automatic promotion altogether and go up via the play offs with a victory at Wembley. Perfect.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Yeah, I know. If we'd won tonight then automatic promotion was looking a certainty. But where's the fun in that? Let's have an exciting run in. In fact, let's miss out on automatic promotion altogether and go up via the play offs with a victory at Wembley. Perfect.

I would honestly rather come 7th than go through the playoffs again. Can't take the blood pressure

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Que sera sera.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Have you been drinking or banged your head !!??

I have been drinking but I am also of a nervous disposition and after three playoff failures in four years I fear another would push me into a full blown meltdown resulting in divorce, homelessness and potentially death.

OK, so I may be exaggerating a tad but I really can't cope with another playoff attempt.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Certainly not. But I've had a couple of beers and am trying to look on the bright side of life.

Thought it was that time of night.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I have been drinking but I am also of a nervous disposition and after three playoff failures in four years I fear another would push me into a full blown meltdown resulting in divorce, homelessness and potentially death.

OK, so I may be exaggerating a tad but I really can't cope with another playoff attempt.

Fair enough, but I'd take a playoff over 7th if those were the options !! But yes, they have been terrible for us the last 3 times

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
Funny but I thought the same. Would have been a bit anticlimactic if we had wrapped it up this weekend.

Anticlimactic? Having endured three play-off failures, I would enjoy a bit of anticlimactic and the chance to sit back and enjoy the prospect of promotion.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Who is your 'top 2' then, as a matter of interest?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I won't go to Amsterdam this May, the last two visits have provided play off defeats. Next year.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

To hell with 'exciting' and 'fun'. There's a time and a place. Give me grinding out dreary 1-0 wins every damn game between here and the finishing line. Sake! :rolleyes:

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes

Shirley this should be merged into the 'Masochistic Tendencies' thread?

Don't tell me haven't got one - we could house all the Palarse gimps there as well. Mods?? :shrug:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here