Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Issue 5 - The Albion Mag

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Is it going to be made downloadable? Or is it just online we can read it [MENTION=2139]Soul Finger[/MENTION]

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Another superb issue, just a shame us supporters living afar cannot download it to keep. But thank you anyway.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I don't really understand what the point of this mag is, other than to make money through the intrusive advertising every second or third page. The articles are well written and interesting, there can be no arguments about the content but is it just a vehicle to make money? No shame if it is, of course, but I can't really work out why you'd make it otherwise.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I don't really understand what the point of this mag is, other than to make money through the intrusive advertising every second or third page. The articles are well written and interesting, there can be no arguments about the content but is it just a vehicle to make money? No shame if it is, of course, but I can't really work out why you'd make it otherwise.

strange post ... if it's well written and interesting and people read it why not? I doubt they're going to retire on it somehow!

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
strange post ... if it's well written and interesting and people read it why not? I doubt they're going to retire on it somehow!

Perfectly fair response, there's no question of the quality of content. It just seems about 10 years too late to be releasing a magazine.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Perfectly fair response, there's no question of the quality of content. It just seems about 10 years too late to be releasing a magazine.

I see it as a group of Albion fans writing about the club from various different perspectives and angles - not really sure there needs to be 'a point' to it other than that.

As has been said in a previous post, then as long as people are finding it interesting and are enjoying reading it that'll do me.

(Declaration of interest: I contribute a column to the magazine, but I do so solely because I enjoy it - I don't receive any remuneration for doing so and nor would I ever expect to).

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
One thing irks me in the editors letter - you say that the last time the Albion made you cry was at the last game at the Goldstorne, but you earlier state that you cried at Gillingham?

However thats a small aside. I think it's a fab effort.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004

We haven't made a penny yet. It - just about - pays for itself. It's free. We could charge but we don't want to.

It takes an enormous amount of effort to get it together.

We've done it as there was a gap in the market. It's a magazine for different viewpoints to be heard. We distribute to many places where the football club has little or no (current) reach. There are many other things I would have started if money was the only motivator!

The writers get to talk to their fellow fans, and promote whatever the like. It's a win/win from that perspective. The supporters get to read quality content they would not have read otherwise: win/win/win. And the club get more exposure: win/win/win/win.

There is nothing to moan or fight about - unlike the Gull's Eye and S & S days - and we're just trying to produce an independent (completely independent) publication that champions what it is to be an Albion fan.

PS: I'm editor/owner.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
One thing irks me in the editors letter - you say that the last time the Albion made you cry was at the last game at the Goldstorne, but you earlier state that you cried at Gillingham?

However thats a small aside. I think it's a fab effort.

Excellent point, well made!

The editorial is the last page to do. To make it read better, I moved a couple of paras forgetting it should have been chronological. The two games were only a few months apart, but the wrong way round in TAM5.

Glad you like it otherwise.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004

The Albion fans, apart from online, don't really have an independent vehicle where fans of all sorts can come to together to share tales, memories, nostalgia and opinions on the club as we know it today.

I think the club needs a magazine, which is why I started one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here