Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wenger

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Great manager. If Pocchetino goes to Barca this summer, I hope Wenger joins Spurs. Arsenals issue is the fans think they're a lot bigger than they really are.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Rightly or wrongly, it's just not in Arsenal's culture to sack managers.

This from wikipedia: 'There have been eighteen permanent and five caretaker managers of Arsenal since the appointment of the club's first professional manager, Thomas Mitchell in 1897.'

That's one amazing stat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arsenal_F.C._managers

That's less than Forest have had since Clough left in 1993 !! How successful have they been since then !!??

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

This from wikipedia: 'There have been eighteen permanent and five caretaker managers of Arsenal since the appointment of the club's first professional manager, Thomas Mitchell in 1897.'

That's one amazing stat.

in a greater context read earlier Warberton is forest's 10th manager in 5 years

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
If Wenger is intending to leave at the end of the season then he should announce his intentions now. Would probably get a better performance from his players and more of a chance of going out on a semi-high(oh matron!).

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
APPARENTLY

Including today in each of the last 5 (five) Derby v Forest fixtures BOTH sides have had new managers.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I think Arsenal have a good chance of F.A.Cup glory this season, and it appears a trophy Mr. Wenger likes winning. So, I think win it, and he should leave, and actually go out on a high.
I don't think the Arsenal board will do a Leicester and get rid of their manager with a good chance of silverware.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

That's one amazing stat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arsenal_F.C._managers

Interesting stat and coupled with the fact that Wenger is too big to sack leads to a 606 meltdown/binfest/bedwetfest. He has been a great manager but is probably past his best and is now a liability but, a bit like Clough at Forest, too big to sack.

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
I'd love to see Arsenal appoint a different manager with spending similar to Wengers. It'll be bye bye top 6 and the fans will be crying in their boots wishing Wenger was back...

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
The decision for Arsenal is to keep finishing top 4 and getting smashed in the champions league every year with no trophies to show for it or take a chance and either end up without champions league football or start winning trophies again. Think the fans main problem is Spurs have taken over them now

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'd love to see Arsenal appoint a different manager with spending similar to Wengers. It'll be bye bye top 6 and the fans will be crying in their boots wishing Wenger was back...

Exactly, be careful what you wish for.

Given they have had to pay for their ground he really has worked a miracle in my view

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Arsenal fans should shut the FVCK up, he's almost certainly going at the end of the season so see it out with some respect for what he's done for your club.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Exactly, be careful what you wish for.

Given they have had to pay for their ground he really has worked a miracle in my view

trouble is, he worked a miracle when the spending was tight, but forgot how to spend well once the cash was available again. he simply hasnt brought in the necessary personel for several years, relying on favorites even when not good or consistent enough (cf Walcott). honorable, but ultimately not brought the success.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
3 points from 15 is worse than Sunderland who have 4. They are in real danger of Brexiting for next season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here