Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Orly airport, Gun attack near miss.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39314250

Obviously scary and do not want to trivialise this but how did the terrorist manage to "grab" a soldiers gun. Must be a pretty dopey/inattentive soldier considering the level of alert they are on!

Yep agree. I'm sure our armed police would have dealt with this differently. Basically not giving him the chance in the first place

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yep agree. I'm sure our armed police would have dealt with this differently. Basically not giving him the chance in the first place

Quite. Especially in an airport you would be on high alert, know where your weapon is at all times and be hyper vigilant about who is around you and the intentions of anyone approaching or talking to you. Yes, a momentary lapse of concentration but you can't afford to have those when you're a soldier on anti terrorist operations.

As with police, letting the enemy commandeer your weapon would not only make you a laughing stock with your peers but would land you in serious trouble with your superiors.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Quite. Especially in an airport you would be on high alert, know where your weapon is at all times and be hyper vigilant about who is around you and the intentions of anyone approaching or talking to you. Yes, a momentary lapse of concentration but you can't afford to have those when you're a soldier on anti terrorist operations.

As with police, letting the enemy commandeer your weapon would not only make you a laughing stock with your peers but would land you in serious trouble with your superiors.

Any other walks of life instant dismissal would probably be the result.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Any other walks of life instant dismissal would probably be the result.

French though innit. You know the truck that was on fire in the channel tunnel? It was on fire before it entered the tunnel on the French side. The louche attitude may impress teenage girls on holiday but butters no parsnips when it comes to anti terror measures.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
He was on the terrorist watch list and btw they've all mental health issues - doesn't excuse them and thank god he's now dead. Good shooting Monsieur l'agent!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Had been involved I never an attack in the North earlier that day.

He clearly has mental health issues. So do millions of people. Only a small number become terrorists.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He didn't.

Yes that is what is being reported now. If you read the original link he was reported as "grabbing the gun from an officer and running into a shop". The details were being reported differently when the news broke.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Seems like some on here a re quite keen to give a very different impression. That's a very different perspective from the original post.

As I have said, the original report was very different so don't make out I'm trying to make things up. Read the original report before getting all high and mighty please.

P.S obvs the link keeps being updated but early this morning the reports were very different, not surprisingly as this was over 5 hours ago.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here