Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moggy on Question Time Tonight- Bognor Regis

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Always good value for money, might be quite heated tonight

David Dimbleby chairs topical debate from Bognor Regis. The panellists are Conservative MP Jacob Rees-Mogg, Labour MP Angela Eagle, the SNP's home affairs and justice spokesperson Joanna Cherry, the chairman of the Wetherspoon pub chain Tim Martin and the Times columnist, Matthew Parris.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Tories have had a poor week. I hope Mogg gets a hard time.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Same shit different week, bunch of knob ends arguing over the same questions with no outcome or solutions at the end, bit like NSC..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'd like to ASK why have they put the prices of their FULL English's UP ? I can't afford an EXTRA sausage or a SLICE of Black Pudding now.

"You don't have to be in the Question Time audience to have your say. The programme enjoys and encourages lively debate every Thursday night via red button and on Twitter.
You can take part in the debate during the programme by sending us a text message. The number is 83981 (charged at your standard message rate).
A selection of viewers' comments appear during the programme via red button, which allows you to continue watching the programme while messages appear across the foot of your TV screen."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/fFRC0gKtnk30pJgWshcfJY/text-or-tweet

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sadly this one appears to be all about the Scottish Woman, no-one else gets a word in

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Angela Eagle has been having coaching in speaking in a more meeeeeeaaaaasured way. Much calmer.

Bombed out by Angry Labour woman telling her Corbyn is useless

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Must be time for bed, just found myself agreeing with Angela about the self-employed NIC debacle.......i.e. should look at false self-employment and reform properly

Absolutely they should! My daughter was put in this position recently - she took up a clearly employed position, according to HMRC's definition, but the employer insisted it was on a self-employed basis. I took up the matter on her behalf with HMRC. Their response? She should take up the matter with her employer! Pathetic!

My insider source within HMRC says they just don't have the staff to tackle employers in breach of the rules.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
At least she stood up for the Sussex wine industry, making the point that post-Brexit tariffs will price the product out of its major export market.

Well, as the pound plummets to a level where we can't even buy plonk from Europe, let alone the good stuff, we'll have to guzzle the local stuff. Great news for the Sussex wine industry, yes?

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Absolutely they should! My daughter was put in this position recently - she took up a clearly employed position, according to HMRC's definition, but the employer insisted it was on a self-employed basis. I took up the matter on her behalf with HMRC. Their response? She should take up the matter with her employer! Pathetic!

My insider source within HMRC says they just don't have the staff to tackle employers in breach of the rules.

Agreed. I know it's a sensitive subject, but the number of "self-employed " people who are actually employees is ridiculous. So in a way I can understand what Hammond was aiming at, but IMO he got it completely wrong. Attack the root of the problem, not the workers.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Agreed. I know it's a sensitive subject, but the number of "self-employed " people who are actually employees is ridiculous. So in a way I can understand what Hammond was aiming at, but IMO he got it completely wrong. Attack the root of the problem, not the workers.
True. I guess they made a start with Uber, but it's nowhere near enough.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
At least she stood up for the Sussex wine industry, making the point that post-Brexit tariffs will price the product out of its major export market.

Surely the Lewes pound will sort this out

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
anyone notice the cancer of the liberal american campus weave its way into question time in this country.

It was one simple statement that left the audience perplexed but be very afraid of these people.....they hate free speech and they are a vile liberal disease

"The woman at the very back, hand high in the air
It’s a man im sorry

“We have a lesson to be learned from intersectionalism and that when we are talking about racism white people should be quiet and when we are talking about sexism men should be quiet and when we talk about Scottish Independence English people should be quiet"

in essence fascism shut the frack up.....i dont agree with you

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Christ she did go on a bit

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
How many jobs would Scotland lose as many Compinies have relocated to Scotland and move back to England.
We need to build a few whiskey distilleries south of the Boarder that a bankrupt Scotland .
I think second and third generation Scots living in south of the boarder should get a vote and which passport should they have.
I hope the union stays together.
Putin must be laughing all they to the Kremlin

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here