NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Can't read the article BUT I have worked in the private sector delivering services to the MOD, NHS, as well as local and central government. The over riding theme is that they will say they want one thing and then either change their mind half way through and look rather upset when you tell them that change will cost £x. Or they will say at point of delivery 'Yes, we said we wanted x but surely you realised we really wanted y'. Don't know their arse from their elbow generally. And that before you factor in politics.

So until I can read the article I'm likely to lean towards Branson being in the right.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
When First won the West Coast franchise and RB pointed out the sums were wrong he was entirely correct however I suspect sour grapes

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Can't read the article BUT I have worked in the private sector delivering services to the MOD, NHS, as well as local and central government. The over riding theme is that they will say they want one thing and then either change their mind half way through and look rather upset when you tell them that change will cost £x. Or they will say at point of delivery 'Yes, we said we wanted x but surely you realised we really wanted y'. Don't know their arse from their elbow generally. And that before you factor in politics.

So until I can read the article I'm likely to lean towards Branson being in the right.

Oh..Ernest won't be happy with you leaning that way 'moo'

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

You say that like it doesn't happen when people in the private sector deliver services and projects to other people in the private sector.

In fact it can happen on any project where the people giving the requirements are inexperienced in doing so, and poor analysis and project management by the service provider inevitably makes things worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Sadly he may have a case. The quality and competence levels of decision making on issues like competitive tendering for services in the NHS is not very high. I would be surprised if he didn't think he had a good case.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You say that like it doesn't happen when people in the private sector deliver services and projects to other people in the private sector.

In fact it can happen on any project where the people giving the requirements are inexperienced in doing so, and poor analysis and project management by the service provider inevitably makes things worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh agreed but the difference is that in those cases it's only private money at stake. I'll give an example of the public sector politics in these types of projects. I worked on the original email project with the NHS many years ago with the EDS. It was to have a single email system for the whole NHS. There were many arguments between trusts about the look, feel and function of the system. To the point that the whole project broke down after around £1Bn being spent. All on something as simple as an email system and all for power and politics.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
From DB's book:

db.JPG

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Dangerous society if the government are untouchable surely? If he has a case, what is the problem?

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Unquestionably the greatest self publicist of all time. Champion of zero hour contracts, a gentleman who probably pays less tax than anyone on this forum. Suffice to say, his photograph is not on my bedside table.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here