Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Magpie paranoia

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
not Newcastle, the birds ..... has anyone noticed there's a crazy amount of magpies about atm? .... or maybe they're following me?
:mad:

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
I only ever see two at a time. I suspect that it is the same two just putting themselves about.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Weirdly I was saying the same at the weekend. About the first time I'd seen anything other than seagulls in my garden. Maybe there's something in it.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Weirdly I was saying the same at the weekend. About the first time I'd seen anything other than seagulls in my garden. Maybe there's something in it.

There's always been quite a few about, and jackdaws too.
All birds are more apparent at this time of the year whilst mating and building their nests.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Not welcome in my garden, they eat songbird's chicks and eggs.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Welcome in my garden.They stop any purple crap appearing by chasing off the vermin.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Interesting to read this. I saw a couple for the first time in a while on my walk home along the seafront only this week. Scary creatures.

Actually, they were Ravens. Still, don't see many of those.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wish as a child no one had ever told me the stupid rhyme.

The day of the Palace home play off semi-final I saw 13 solo magpies. It was all I could do to not have my hand in a permanent salute position. ****ers.

As you've written that I guess I can't give a full character assassination of a freakin nimrod I used to work with.
The fudgin moronic tool insisted on saluting and saying 'morning Mr Magpie' at everyone he saw

#Epictw@t.

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing
I seem to recall previously mild winters would be followed by larger numbers of magpies in the Spring. Also the previous mentioned road-kill proliferation on our local roads gives them plenty to munch on through the potentially lean months. Smaller garden birds are decimated as a result as they do eat eggs and newly hatched young. I dislike them on their own too although larger numbers spotted together have never resulted in an unexpected boy or girl or any silver or gold whatsoever.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Dont forget to say 'Good morning Mr Magpie' and salute them!

Gods know why, but I've always done it

If I see two on a match day then I'm confident that we'll win (...two for joy....)

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I only ever see two at a time. I suspect that it is the same two just putting themselves about.

Like the Peruvian busking band that follows me all over Europe.

As you've written that I guess I can't give a full character assassination of a freakin nimrod I used to work with.
The fudgin moronic tool insisted on saluting and saying 'morning Mr Magpie' at everyone he saw

#Epictw@t.

That's just mad. Everyone he saw?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

#Epictw@t.

Dont forget to say 'Good morning Mr Magpie' and salute them!

Gods know why, but I've always done it

If I see two on a match day then I'm confident that we'll win (...two for joy....)

:lolol:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Interesting to read this. I saw a couple for the first time in a while on my walk home along the seafront only this week. Scary creatures.

Actually, they were Ravens. Still, don't see many of those.

Oh I love Ravens ... they glow blue in the sun
there's a bloody magpie right outside my window staring at me WTF!!!!!!!!!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Up on my allotment this morning, there were about 11 Magpies on one of the plots.
Some Robins and some owls came along, well I don't need to tell the outcome of that skirmish.:cool:

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow

#Epictw@t.

Christ would hate to be on the end of an actual character assassination from you!

Mine is all vocalised internally but the salute is a bit of a give away!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

#Epictw@t.

Oh dear - then I am a "freakin nimrod" and a "fudging moronic tool". I have total magpie paranoia, whenever I see just one bird I have to salute, say "say hello to your wife and children for me" and whistle. Suffice to say, at this time of year and this year in particular I daren't leave the ****ing house for fear of people shouting "Oi you fudging freakin moronic tool nimrod" at me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here