Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recommendations for reasonably priced storage facilities in Brighton area

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
A question for the great and the good on NSC.

When I left the UK for the USA I left some items behind in storage at Howard Kent in Shoreham.

They provided a good service at a reasonable price, unfortunately they will be closing in 3 months. One option would be to ship the stuff to New York but that's time consuming and expensive, another is to find an alternative storage facility in the Brighton area.

Howard Kent listed 3 possible companies -
Ready Steady Store in Eastern Avenue Shoreham; Max Self Storage in Blackman St. Brighton and Storage Mart in Chapel Road Portslade.

I was wondering if anybody had experience of these companies or could recommend any others. There is a reasonable amount of stuff and looking to store for about two and a half years.

Any suggestions and recommendations gratefully received

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
A question for the great and the good on NSC.

When I left the UK for the USA I left some items behind in storage at Howard Kent in Shoreham.

They provided a good service at a reasonable price, unfortunately they will be closing in 3 months. One option would be to ship the stuff to New York but that's time consuming and expensive, another is to find an alternative storage facility in the Brighton area.

Howard Kent listed 3 possible companies -
Ready Steady Store in Eastern Avenue Shoreham; Max Self Storage in Blackman St. Brighton and Storage Mart in Chapel Road Portslade.

I was wondering if anybody had experience of these companies or could recommend any others. There is a reasonable amount of stuff and looking to store for about two and a half years.

Any suggestions and recommendations gratefully received
I am just about to put my stuff in storage, had a look around and Ready Steady Store was the best price. Two months cheap rate, then reasonable rates.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I've recently transferred to Ready Steady Store from another facility and have been impressed by the facilities, the helpful staff and price of course has been a factor. It probably won't affect your situation but the downside are the rather restricted access times due to planning conditions.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Thanks Soulman and Boys 9d - useful information

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here