Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Warburton

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Good choice, he should do well there given support from his chairman.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
See my post re Gary Rowett.

What has Mark Warbuton actually done. He did well with Brentford, accepted but was sacked before they could see whether he could carry the job through.

Then went to Rangers and took a MASSIVE club through the non league a bit.

Now gone to a barmy club where ownership is all over the place. How do these managers get jobs on the back of this? Can see that being a total disaster.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Makes for an interesting East Midlands derby this weekend.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
See my post re Gary Rowett.

What has Mark Warbuton actually done. He did well with Brentford, accepted but was sacked before they could see whether he could carry the job through.

Then went to Rangers and took a MASSIVE club through the non league a bit.

Now gone to a barmy club where ownership is all over the place. How do these managers get jobs on the back of this? Can see that being a total disaster.

Equally, what has he done wrong? Rangers were never going to get near Celtic this season. And Brentford haven't troubled the top 6 in this division since since he left. Certainly a step up on Gary Brazil and probably about the best they could get in their current predicament.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Equally, what has he done wrong? Rangers were never going to get near Celtic this season. And Brentford haven't troubled the top 6 in this division since since he left. Certainly a step up on Gary Brazil and probably about the best they could get in their current predicament.

I don't disagree with that. I'm simply highlighting what seems an increasing trend towards average managers increasing their stock with half season stints at average clubs.

But Forest are a basket case club, run by owners who haven't got a clue, so it doesn't matter who manages them right now. A good owner is far more important than a good manager.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I don't disagree with that. I'm simply highlighting what seems an increasing trend towards average managers increasing their stock with half season stints at average clubs.

But Forest are a basket case club, run by owners who haven't got a clue, so it doesn't matter who manages them right now. A good owner is far more important than a good manager.

Good point, but most clubs will always take someone who is supposedly 'proven' over an unknown quantity to appease the fans.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"Gentlemen, to the new Forest manager, a TOAST!"

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The real issue is whether Forest will now have the muppets in attendance. Has done a lot for his giant crumpets which I can thoroughly recommend as a go to for a snack, lunch or supper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here