Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tottenham - New Stadium Photographs

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Quite interesting to see how the new ground is being built almost around the old one in half
- now that's quite clever stuff.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Quite interesting to see how the new ground is being built almost around the old one in half
- now that's quite clever stuff.

I think it's great they're managing to do that keeping the time away from WHL to a minimum as well as remaining at their spiritual home.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
A shame that the cost has apparently shot up because of Brexit. The NSC Leaver-warriors will claim this is just Project Fear of course, or greedy contractors. Or possibly the BBC.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Don't recall threads about the new mega stadia / stands at Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea.

i do. we can all admire sports stadiums and this construction is particularly interesting for how they're achieving it while minimising the time away from their home.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Pass it by on the train most days and it is going up quickly. Worryingly little investment in the transport links though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hype over Spuds on an Albion forum.

Don't recall threads about the new mega stadia / stands at Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea.
Although it is amusing to see 2 stadiums considerably better than Selhurst, being readied for demolition, (assuming Chelsea's new ground is happening soon) to make way for state of the art grounds.

While palace rush down to Travis Perkins as cladding has been included in their Mother's Day sale.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Amazing looking stadium however what amazes me more is how small the site looks with huge stands emptying onto very small pavement/side roads. Could be a nightmare traffic/congestion wise to make the Amex look a logistical dream

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Tottenham's most famous supporter.

saville.jpg

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
A shame that the cost has apparently shot up because of Brexit. The NSC Leaver-warriors will claim this is just Project Fear of course, or greedy contractors. Or possibly the BBC.

Oooo hope that's true, less money for our opponents to spend on players next season. :thumbsup:

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
And just think Tottenham were originally bidding to move to the Olympic stadium site! They dodged a bullet on that one.

I'm not sure they were ever serious about that. They just held it out as a threat to make sure they got planning permission for the new WHL.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
And just think Tottenham were originally bidding to move to the Olympic stadium site! They dodged a bullet on that one.
But their plan was to knock it down, build a new stadium and invest in Crystal Palace athletics stadium.

Retrospectively a much better idea all round.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here