Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sacked After Losing At Amex ....

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Crazy decision. Don't get me wrong I think he's a shit manager but Derby need some stability. They are still in a much better position now compared to when he took over. Not going up or down he should have been given at least until the end of the season IMO

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
'We are less concerned about timescales than we are about getting things right. Of course we would like to achieve this sooner rather than later.'

Isn't that near enough the same shizzle they came out with when the sacked the last guy ?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Crazy decision. Don't get me wrong I think he's a shit manager but Derby need some stability. They are still in a much better position now compared to when he took over. Not going up or down he should have been given at least until the end of the season IMO

It's not crazy at all. He has failed miserably with a very talented group of players!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
'We are less concerned about timescales than we are about getting things right. Of course we would like to achieve this sooner rather than later.'

Isn't that near enough the same shizzle they came out with when the sacked the last guy ?
Did they sack Clement because he was in danger of getting them promoted, and they said that's not what they want, they want to play a certain way?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Surprised? no. Feel sorry for him? no.
He can't get players to play as a team, or should I say, to me, it appears as if his teams aren't playing as one

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Found their approach on Friday bizarre. Derby under mcclaren last time round played really nice football, basically using triangles to pass it round you. All they did on Friday was use the centre backs to lump it long. Most of the players are the same as well

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Found their approach on Friday bizarre. Derby under mcclaren last time round played really nice football, basically using triangles to pass it round you. All they did on Friday was use the centre backs to lump it long. Most of the players are the same as well
To link today's threads.

Playing Nugent so far behind Bent was as bizarre a formation as us having Barnes playing as a defensively minded left midfielder.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Looking at his post-match interview again he had the haunted look of a man who knew what was about to happen next.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Goes to show the fine margins in football!

2 years ago, McLaren's Derby battered us over two legs in the play offs and really should have made the premier league (until good ole Bobby popped up and p*ssed on their fireworks in the final). What might have been!

Now McLaren describes Derby as two years behind us and his team looked a disunited, woeful and naive bunch of expensive misfits.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Wow, I thought the days when the manger got sacked after losing to Brighton were gone after we left Withdean. When singing "your getting sacked in the morning" was more a way of preparing the opposition manger for what was about to happen then to ridicule.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Small point - but Caldwell was sacked after we won at Wigan, not the Amex (as per the thread title). Otherwise, carry on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here