Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any past or present restaurant owners/managers on NSC?

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
No thanks. I used to work in a restaurant & my boss was permanently stressed out.

Successful restaurants are pretty hard to get right. Always relying on finding & keeping a decent head chef. Unless you're in partnership with one.

Where I live it's struggle to find something decent unless you want a Chinese or Thai.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 29, 2011
No thanks. I used to work in a restaurant & my boss was permanently stressed out.

Successful restaurants are pretty hard to get right. Always relying on finding & keeping a decent head chef. Unless you're in partnership with one.

Where I live it's struggle to find something decent unless you want a Chinese or Thai.

I can imagine it's stressful, especially in Brighton where every other storefront seems to be some sort of restaurant. How the city can support so many restaurants I'll never know.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
We seem to have a bit of everything on NSC, has anyone ever owned their own restaurant or been a manager of one?

[MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] could tell you a story or two.

I can imagine it's stressful, especially in Brighton where every other storefront seems to be some sort of restaurant. How the city can support so many restaurants I'll never know.

Brighton has more than it's fair share of tourists and DFLs.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I'm currently looking at the feasibility of doing something independent, but as my user name suggests, I would be based more at the back of house - more of a chef patron if that doesn't sound too lah-di-dah.
Someone mentioned the importance of a good chef, but a good restaurant manager can be crucial as well. They have to put up with stroppy chefs/customers whilst having their own jobs to deal with, and to do it all with charisma. A good front of house team can build up a regular clientele, which is a key element for a successful restaurant.
I would also add there is a distinction between an owner and a manager, but good luck to the OP if this is a new venture for them.

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
I have dabbled in managing and running bars/venues and restaurants. I actually really liked it and the nightclub managing was by far one of the highlights of my working life.

Fran112

Jun 6, 2011
Waterlooville
I have dabbled in managing and running bars/venues and restaurants. I actually really liked it and the nightclub managing was by far one of the highlights of my working life.

I ran pubs for 15 years, all doing, to some extent, food. Included in this was a restaurant in Spain for 3 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed

It's definitely an entertaining way to make a living.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Part owner of three. One is a (very) small chain, the other two are single-site chef patron affairs. PM me if you think I may be able to help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here