Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SImple run in spreadsheet

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Been stuck indoors this weekend with manflu, so having too much time on my hands I made this little file to follow the run in, or make predictions or whatever,

CAPS signifies an away game, lower case is home.

As you enter points and goal difference it works out the totals, stupidly simple because I'm no excel expert, you have to manually sort the bit on the right because AFAIK, you can only anutomatically sort by using macros and I don't know how to do that.

View attachment Run in.xlsx

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20170312-120906.png

Apologies, but corrected for you. :)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Been stuck indoors this weekend with manflu, so having too much time on my hands I made this little file to follow the run in, or make predictions or whatever,

As you enter points and goal difference it works out the totals, stupidly simple because I'm no excel expert, you have to manually sort the bit on the right because AFAIK, you can only anutomatically sort by using macros and I don't know how to do that.

View attachment 82791

I still think we'll get promoted in 2nd place comfortably, GD may still feature though, with us and Newcastle! :)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
These prediction things are fun but ultimately worthless.

Virtually EVERYBODY had us picking up 3 points at Forest but we got beaten 0-3. And who would have predicted Fulham would win 3-1 at Newcastle yesterday? Or that Bristol City would get a 2-2 draw at Newcastle? Or that free-scoring Brentford would fail to get at least one goal at home vs. Huddersfield?

The only predictable thing about the run-in is that it is impossible to predict.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
These prediction things are fun but ultimately worthless.

Virtually EVERYBODY had us picking up 3 points at Forest but we got beaten 0-3. And who would have predicted Fulham would win 3-1 at Newcastle yesterday? Or that Bristol City would get a 2-2 draw at Newcastle? Or that free-scoring Brentford would fail to get at least one goal at home vs. Huddersfield?

The only predictable thing about the run-in is that it is impossible to predict.

True, but fun's a good enough reason to play. :)

TBH, I made this more so I could follow what was going on and easily see games remaining for all three clubs than for predictions.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

View attachment 82791

Newcastle are at home to Barnsley on the last day.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I've got us and Newcastle winning promotion on Easter Monday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here