Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray assist...?

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
At the time I thought GM played an excellent flick for the 2nd goal vs Derby. Replays suggest it was actually a bodged tackle but I can't quite tell.

Thoughts?

Dec 29, 2011
At the time I thought GM played an excellent flick for the 2nd goal vs Derby. Replays suggest it was actually a bodged tackle but I can't quite tell.

Thoughts?
At the time I thought it was a bodged tackle but the highlights look like a backheel flick which he meant.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Whatever - Glenda was superb last night.

This, he won nearly everything in the air, flicking the ball on, harassed their defence and scored and and set up a goal.
When he goes off our ariel threat goes and if the ball is pumped up it normally comes straight back.
He played well.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
looks like a back heel pass to me

Me too, reminscent of one made by Bobby Zamora, to set up a goal, (versus Huddersfield I think), at the Amex last season.

Glenn edged out Beram Kayal, as my man of the match last night, so much selfless running across the front line, harrying their defenders and giving them no space to pass out from the back, plus of course the goal he scored himself, and his set up for Sam Baldock.

You never used to see him work nearly as hard in his Withdean days!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
And the joy on his face when he scored was the joy of a man who is playing for the right club at the right time - his club in his town.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Thoughts?

Just rewatching some bits and was thinking exactly the same - can't quite tell. If it was a backheel (I think it was) it was brilliant. As other have said, regardless, Murray was immense in the air last night - huge number of hold-ups and flick-ons and dominated their CBs. Fully deserved his goal (slight slice of luck needed) but should have also nodded in Skalak's inch-perfect cross.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I think it was a bit of both - the back heel didn't quite some off as perhaps planned, but the tackle helped it on its way.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Me too, reminscent of one made by Bobby Zamora, to set up a goal, (versus Huddersfield I think), at the Amex last season.

It was the second goal against Bolton (Hemed)

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Just rewatching some bits and was thinking exactly the same - can't quite tell. If it was a backheel (I think it was) it was brilliant. As other have said, regardless, Murray was immense in the air last night - huge number of hold-ups and flick-ons and dominated their CBs. Fully deserved his goal (slight slice of luck needed) but should have also nodded in Skalak's inch-perfect cross.

Of course it doesn't take anything away from his performance at all. Excellent CF performance from an excellent CF....however if it was a disguised pass it even fooled me and is probably my favourite goal this season. Killer blow.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He seemed to get better as the game went on. I said I thought he looked tired just before he made an interception in the middle of the pitch. He was brilliant in the air - seemed to win everything.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here